How can I "extract" my QC passes from AMEX?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Febs

Established Member
Hi all,

In early Jan I used my QF Amex Premium (the one that came with the 17,500pts and no annual fee for the first year) to make a "Qantas spend", in the form of taxes/charges for a few award flights. I was told I'd receive my two complimentary Qantas Club passes within 6 weeks.

It's now been over 10 weeks and the passes still haven't arrived. I've called AMEX several times, and was told "they'll be sent out this week". Last night, I spoke to someone who told me I have to chase it up with Qantas directly, and gave me a direct number (13 13 98). When I rang today, I was told that was an "administration" number (not for public use, I guess...although Googling brought up several instances of it) and that I should contact my local Qantas-affiliated travel agency (WTF??)

Has anyone had any luck in extracting these passes from AMEX? Any tips? I'll keep calling, but knowing what Indian call centres are like, I'm not terribly confident. If anyone has an Australian ph number that would help, it'd be much appreciated.

Cheers,
- Febs.

Give Punjabi from Amex another call and ask to speak to a supervisor. I did this and actually got onto someone who seemed to know what they were talking about. He said that it takes 6 weeks from the date of purchase to receive the cards. I said I needed them by X date and he said he'd do his best to get them to me, they arrived a week later.

Have the 2500 Qantas Spend points credited yet? If they haven't then your Qantas spend hasn't registered.

When the cards arrived, they were in a Qantas Club envelope so if you have no luck with Amex try calling Qantas Club 131131 and speak to someone there.

Thanks Daniel. I'll give persistency one more go. :)

Yes, the 2,500pts were credited shortly after, so the spend definitely registered.

Cheers,
- Febs.

Well I did my first Qantas spend in December and travelled on 9/2 to Perth am still waiting for my passes.

I rang about 3 weeks ago and they said they would be 10 days. Still nothing.

1 more call to Mumbai

Hi,
If anyone has received the QC passes, how long are they valid for? Is the date taken from the purchase date of the Qantas service or from when the passes are sent to you?
Regards, bunyip

bunyip said:
Hi,
If anyone has received the QC passes, how long are they valid for? Is the date taken from the purchase date of the Qantas service or from when the passes are sent to you?
Regards, bunyip

I think they are valid for about a year from the date you did the transation, from memory, and yes takes about 6 weeks to get them

My passes arrived about 8 weeks after my QF spend. The letter is co-branded with QF and AMEX logos and signatures. My letter was dated mid March 2007 and passes are valid until end March 2008 - so it looks like 12 months validity from date of issue of passes.

Forgot to add letter states that "If you have any questions about these invitations, please visit americanexpress.com.au or call the American Express Service centre on 1300 727 169"

So I suggest keep ringing AMEX

Ahhh, but the real question here is....

Can you get the expiry date EXTENDED to time when you really want to use them???

Eg. my two expire in Sept. 07, but I want them for a family (three adults / four kids) trip to USA / Fiji in Jan. 08.

Will either QANTAS or AMEX give me another four months?

regards,

Gordon said:

Can you get the expiry date EXTENDED to time when you really want to use them???

Eg. my two expire in Sept. 07, but I want them for a family (three adults / four kids) trip to USA / Fiji in Jan. 08.

regards,

I thinks PIGS MAY FLY FIRST :D before Amex or Qantas will be that generous:D

Gordon said:

regards,
Your only option is to find someone with passes with a later expiry date and swap, assuming they plan to use them before yours expire.

Things must be improving as I received my passes 2 wks after my spend and the expiry date is 13 mths after the date of posting

I spent $0.98 on Qantas Taxes, do you think I should push for the two QC passes which never came?

PaulZ

lakeman said:
Things must be improving as I received my passes 2 wks after my spend and the expiry date is 13 mths after the date of posting
Good Stuff!
:)

Last edited:
Eureka

When I got home yesterday my passes were in the mail

Spend was on 22/12/2006

So 6 months and 4 days for them to arrive and 5 calls to AMEX

They expire June 2008

Congrats - after all that it's good that they dont expire June 2007 :)

With regard to 'extending' the expiry date of the passes....

I had my two passes swapped at a domestic QC counter for ones well into the next year (which is what I wanted)

Wasn't too much effort.... the supervisor did it for me, and I wasn't even flying out. I simply rocked up to the QC and asked for two passes that expire after Jan. 08. He looked at me a bit 'funny' to start with, but then said, "Oh, I see what you mean", and came up with the goods !!

You don't get, if you don't ask....

regards,

My wife just got her 2 guest passes after doing her spend just 4 weeks ago. Must have got their act into gear or they treat women better than the men.

Also it was a spend on a Hotel night in Melbourne next month with Qantas Hotel booking engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Currently Active Users

Back