Hobart Wine, Food and Gin tasting trip – March 21 2020 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Hobart Wine, Food and Gin tasting trip – March 21 2020

Added to Calendar: 21-03-20

Best date for the 2020 Tour

• Australia Day Weekend

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • March 20/21/22

Votes: 13 92.9%
  • Easter

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tassieoptom

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
New thread in response to the great interest recently expressed in my last Hobart Wine tasting/Craft beer/Whiskey/Cider/Gin tour of 2018.

Proposed dates so far 1. Australia Day weekend
2. 20/21/22 March to coincide with Aust vs NZ one day international
3. Easter but there are often family commitments at this time.

Any other thoughts please add and maybe a higher level than myself can create a poll.
And just to entice any maybes out there, consider this desert created in Hobart as a Pastry Chef’s Breakfast.....just to prove we can fulfil the ‘Food’ component of the tour.

E9BF55C1-C918-41AD-93BE-D216821D6C80.jpeg

VPS

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Do we have to wait until next year?;) I really want to get to the tulip farm which is open from 26th September to the end of October so if there is enough interest in an October get together I can do both (and please QF can we have a DSC soon) :p

CaptJCool

Established Member
March or October 2020 both have international cricket....

I would prefer shoulder seasons (autumn, spring) than the “heat” of winter - it’s freezing

GPH

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
I can’t commit to October as this may be when I need to move office (25 of us) , if it doesn’t go ahead then it will be anytime between then and March. That said my initial plan was a road trip, so maybe a long weekend FIFO will have to do?

Reactions: ALH

kookaburra75

Flights
My Map
Looks great - March dates would be the best for us. Shouldn't be too busy but still warm-ish

Reactions: ALH

Steady

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Do we have to wait until next year?;) I really want to get to the tulip farm which is open from 26th September to the end of October so if there is enough interest in an October get together I can do both (and please QF can we have a DSC soon) :p
Table Cape is 4.5+ hours from where Tassieoptom is proposing/planning this event, you would need to be able to stay a bit longer than a weekend to do both

ALH

AFF Supporter
I’d love to do this as well. Depending on the dates I could do both a tulip farm trip this year and a wine tour trip next year. ;)

Tassieoptom

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
I may work out that we do a smaller tour to coincide with a tulip trip and a larger one that suits better wrt fly in fly out attendees.

BCons

Intern
AFF Supporter
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Platinum
Wud be happy with the March dates - living down here we tend to get away over the Aus Day Long W/E..

Buzzard

AFF Supporter
At this stage I can't commit to any of the proposed dates. Australia Day is definitely out as will be in NSW for a few weeks.

tuapekastar

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Still interested, but very unlikely that Easter will suit, and unsure at this stage about the other dates. I’m happy with whatever date is set - if I can make it, great, if not, too bad.

samh004

Enthusiast
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
I think Easter would be expensive, but then again Australia Day might be too? The dates in March would be my pick.

AFF on Air Podcast

• Married Segments & More – AIR024
    Sat, 16 Nov 2019 04:32:20 AEDT
      Airlines seem to love married segments, but for frequent flyers and travel agents they can be extremely frustrating. Sometimes you'll find an award seat on a flight you w ...
  • HARS (Historic Aircraft Restoration Society) – AIR023
    Sat, 02 Nov 2019 13:24:03 AEDT
      The Historic Aircraft Restoration Society (HARS) boasts a collection of over 60 aircraft, including a retired Qantas 747, Super Constellation and DC-3s. John Travolta's Bo ...
  • “Hidden City” Court Case – AIR022
    Sat, 19 Oct 2019 09:30:46 AEDT
      Earlier this year, German airline Lufthansa tried to sue a passenger that exploited the loophole of hidden-city ticketing by skipping the last flight on their ticket. This ...
  • Summer in Europe – AIR021
    Sat, 05 Oct 2019 17:28:53 AEST
      Qantas and Virgin Australia are fighting over two rare and lucrative new landing slots for Tokyo's Haneda Airport. Meanwhile, four European airlines have gone bankrupt in ...
  • Are Loyalty Programs a Scam? – AIR020
    Sat, 21 Sep 2019 08:36:18 AEST
      The ACCC recently released a damning draft report into Australian loyalty schemes, calling out practices that it says may shock consumers and putting loyalty program opera ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaeess