Hilton Gold status shortcut for Visa Signature/Infinite cardholders | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Hilton Gold status shortcut for Visa Signature/Infinite cardholders

Mattg

AFF Supporter
Qantas
Gold
Flights
My Map
Hilton Honors is currently running a promotion in conjunction with Visa, for Visa Infinite and Visa Signature credit card holders living in the Asia-Pacific region (including Australia and New Zealand). By registering on the Visa website you can get instant Hilton Honors Gold status after 2 stays or 4 nights at Hilton hotels. The promo ends on 31 July.

Visa Signature cards in Australia include St George Amplify Signature, Citi Signature and NAB Rewards Signature.

theblank

Established Member
AFF Supporter
is there any benefit from registering prior to completing the 2 stays or 4 nights?
I cant figure that out because I am already Gold, but wondering if the missus can get the deal on her card.

DC3

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
is there any benefit from registering prior to completing the 2 stays or 4 nights …….
Registration is usually required before check-out on the first stay. Best to do it before arrival, though.

WethereX

Anyone have any idea on the length of time it takes to achieve the status upgrade once the requirements are met.

I filled the form, and made my two stays, and never received a confirmation email or any other notification of activation, etc.

DC3

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Anyone have any idea on the length of time it takes to achieve the status upgrade once the requirements are met ...
I guess that you have already checked your current status on the HHonors website: Account>Hilton Honors Card

SYD

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Yep, shows my two stays there aswell, might give it another week.
Curious to know how you went? Status been updated?

I registered right towards the cutoff and hope knock over two stays within the 90 day window.

SYD

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Curious to know how you went? Status been updated?

I registered right towards the cutoff and hope knock over two stays within the 90 day window.
Just completed my two stays. Status was updated immediately the second stay posted.

PlutekPlutek

Does this a kind of a "trial gold" benefit until you make the 4 nights or 2 stays, or only after you have done them ? I.e. first 2 stays are no-status, so expect no recognition ?

SYD

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
No trial status. You need the stays / nights before upgrade.

SYD

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Do you have to pay with the card you registered....?
I did but check the Ts&Cs. I think it says pay with your Visa but the system may not be that smart. Having said, there is/was a parallel promo for bonus points if you pay with Visa. I got the bonus from one but not the other. I had prepaid with Visa for both but settled some incidentals on AMEX at one. I suspect that may have overwritten the card type used? Either way, the two stays triggered an upgrade from Silver to Gold.

jakeseven7

I did but check the Ts&Cs. I think it says pay with your Visa but the system may not be that smart. Having said, there is/was a parallel promo for bonus points if you pay with Visa. I got the bonus from one but not the other. I had prepaid with Visa for both but settled some incidentals on AMEX at one. I suspect that may have overwritten the card type used? Either way, the two stays triggered an upgrade from Silver to Gold.
Thanks for the heads up. Will find out in a couple of weeks :)

AFF on Air Podcast

• HARS (Historic Aircraft Restoration Society) – AIR023
    Sat, 02 Nov 2019 13:24:03 AEDT
      The Historic Aircraft Restoration Society (HARS) boasts a collection of over 60 aircraft, including a retired Qantas 747, Super Constellation and DC-3s. John Travolta's Bo ...
  • “Hidden City” Court Case – AIR022
    Sat, 19 Oct 2019 09:30:46 AEDT
      Earlier this year, German airline Lufthansa tried to sue a passenger that exploited the loophole of hidden-city ticketing by skipping the last flight on their ticket. This ...
  • Summer in Europe – AIR021
    Sat, 05 Oct 2019 17:28:53 AEST
      Qantas and Virgin Australia are fighting over two rare and lucrative new landing slots for Tokyo's Haneda Airport. Meanwhile, four European airlines have gone bankrupt in ...
  • Are Loyalty Programs a Scam? – AIR020
    Sat, 21 Sep 2019 08:36:18 AEST
      The ACCC recently released a damning draft report into Australian loyalty schemes, calling out practices that it says may shock consumers and putting loyalty program opera ...
  • Air Chathams – AIR019
    Sat, 07 Sep 2019 16:41:06 AEST
      With less than two weeks until the upcoming Qantas Frequent Flyer changes, now is the time to make any last-minute Classic Flight Reward bookings! In this episode, Matt ch ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsWhicker