Registered Users have the option of removing this and all other advertisements.  Moreā€¦

Happy with Westpac Altitude?

Discussion in 'Westpac Altitude Rewards' started by HardieBoys, Dec 3, 2003.

?

Overall, are you generally happy with the Westpac Altitude Card

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. HardieBoys

HardieBoys Member

Sep 28, 2003
    Currently have an ANZ Frequent Flyer card, and am looking around for substitutes. One alternative that is frequently cited is the Westpac Altitude Visa card. I'd like to know if current holders of this card are happy with the terms and conditions, service and fees. With the benefit of hindsight, would current Altitude holders have applied for this card?
    Registered Users don't see this and have the option of removing all other advertisements.  Register HERE

2. redrat

redrat Member

Apr 26, 2003
    Vic
    Between Westpac Altitude (Home) & Citibank Plat (Work), I love the points buildup. Just cashed in points for $500 Myer Vouchers from both to buy a vacuum cleaner and water filter. F.R.E.E. :D :D It's luverly.

3. kawoh

kawoh Junior Member

Jun 5, 2003
    westpac

i prefer this card because:

1) inertia (i was an ex Ansett GR card westpac card customer), I also keep most of my day to day banking with westpac and really like their internet banking service (strips the competitors to pieces!)
    2) I can earn miles on NZ and QF, and it's a visa (there aren't many visa/mastercards? in the market which let you do this)
    3) You can also transfer to MH 1 to 1 as well
    4) reasonable bonus offers (though not as good as others - flight centre $3 = 4 points and flight centre will beat the best price you get)
    5) gold card is a true, fully fledged "overseas" travel insurance service
    6) gold card has 90 day loss of purchase insurance
    7) gold card has double warranty insurance

Over $100 a year, but worth it just for the travel insurance on it's own as I go overseas at least a dozen times a year.

4. HardieBoys

HardieBoys Member

Sep 28, 2003
    Thanks for the feedback... it's interesting that no-one's posted negative feedback. I'll go ahead with the application.

5. mbeder

mbeder Member

Jul 3, 2002
    Sydney
    Like me, I'm sure HardieBoys is now regretting that decision!

6. straitman

Apr 27, 2003
    SE Oz (Sale)
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    :shock: What's going to happen to the application now :?:

Maybe I'll have a few more come on my side of the voting and now I won't be the sole voice in the wilderness :!: :!:

:lol: :p

7. HardieBoys

HardieBoys Member

Sep 28, 2003
    Very annoyed! Trying to work out which card is the 'least worst' under the changes.