General COVID-19 Vaccine Discussion

ethernet

Solutions
Two differing points of view re booster shots.Israel says soon,US says maybe likely

Note in the USA only 48% are fully vaccinated.

Your simple solution to home security. Quickly view what’s happening at home when you're not there, giving you peace of mind.

Simple plug-in installation means you’ll be up and running in no time.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

ethernet

Solutions

Drron will like this, and other posts by John Campbell comparing UK Vs USA. It seems AZ is superior to Pfizer where Delta is the predominant strain, with qualifications. Again, with Delta, it is important to space the doses wider apart 8-12 weeks. For both vaccines. (Israel did not(3 weeks?, but UK and Canada are/did increase the interval). This implies ATAGI will be in an uncomfortable spot, and urgently need to make the recommendation for non-hotspots, to increase the intervals where they can, and only go early if they think their odds are not good or over 70.

Australia can get greater value out of limited Pfizer by extending the booster interval, and mix;n;match. Those who had short interval boosters - will need another booster. Knowing how bad long covid, and asymptomatic covid is, I am happier about my AZ shots. Privately I add a silent 14-21 days onto the booster jab date. I also believe in Vit D and Zinc reduce risks/ increase efficacy.

NDIS will be a bigger trainwreck is long covid causes more leaner's to bludge on the public purse.

I think the 2nd takehome message, is for international flights, how long between shots is an important factor. I suggest quarantine for 5 days after landing, test, then being allowed to home quarantine or move to lower risk accom is probably a fair compromise. Obviously those who had closely administered boosters, should spend more time, while early AZ takers given more benefits.

The qualification is deaths and serious sickness are reduced by both. We need to run some effective hurry up campaigns.

Last edited:

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..