Footy GF's.....

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by thadocta, Sep 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. thadocta

thadocta Active Member

Looks like the finals are perfectly set up for QF and DJ, at least as far as the SYD-MEL legs go.

Heaps of Swans supporters flying down to Melbourne on the same weekend as a few Storm supporters will be flying to Sydney.

This could not have been orchestrated better if the airlines had tried, a Melbourne team playing a GF in Sydney on the same weekend as a Sydney team is playing a GF in Melbourne.

Means almost no chance of cheap back-loading fares though. :mad: (Although some might be available on MEL-PER and return).

Dave

2. Yada Yada

Yada Yada Established Member

Dec 6, 2004
    1F
    From: Mad dash for flights as footy worlds collide | Sport | The Australian

I'll be on QF566 on Thurs 28th, and when I checked online this morning it is totally full, even J (which was selling at $1,500 per seat one way when I last looked). :shock:

Anyone wanna buy a fully flexible Y seat? :mrgreen:

3. DTM1

DTM1 Member

Jun 27, 2006
    Melbourne
    I booked early last week to fly to Perth this week, and the latest flight I could get back to Mel (even flying J) was tomorrow night (unless, of course, I wanted to fly red eye, which I didn't)

4. I think that there will be more Swans fans flying SYD-MEL-SYD than there will be Storm fans flying MEL-SYD-MEL. Probably plenty of Broncos fans flying BNE-SYD-BNE. On that weekend last year I flew MEL-BNE-PPP. Very quiet indeed, except for the Long Term Carpark at MEL which was chockers. Got Long Term rates in the undercover Short Term carpark.:D

5. DTM1

DTM1 Member

Jun 27, 2006
    Melbourne
    it's also times like this that WPs using their seating g'tees also causes grief. I used the g'tee this time last year for a seat and it was honoured, although extra planes were then put on and my J waitlist came through, so didn't need the g'tee in the end.

6. matthecat

matthecat Junior Member

Mar 8, 2005
    Perth
    In every cloud there's a silver lining.

I am in Perth and have just arranged for one of my mates (based in Melbourne) to come back for the weekend.[​IMG]

Whilst the flights are at somewhat uncivilised times - it won't be too often that you can fly Melbourne - Perth return for $390 (plus taxes).

7. oz_mark

oz_mark Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2002
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I would have thought that the $390 would include taxes!