Diners Club Australia and Priority Pass membership/restaurant credits

ajd

Qantas
Silver
Virgin
Red
Does anyone know whether Australian Diners Club personal cards are eligible for the Priority Pass lounges + restaurant credits that the Diners Club International lounge access website now lists?

I tried signing up for a Priority Pass account, it's given me a membership number, and seems to understand that it's a card-provider-based subscription plan, but also on the My Details page it says "There is an issue with your payment card information. Please update your billing details to proceed using your Priority Pass account." which suggests to me that perhaps Diners Australia isn't one of the participating countries.

Maybe I'll ring them but thought I might as well ask here first.

(I'm interested in the restaurant credits as that would make this significantly more valuable at CBR...)

Do you need priority pass for this? Last time I gained entry to a lounge with my card it just involved showing them the card and getting that swiped.

Do you need priority pass for this? Last time I gained entry to a lounge with my card it just involved showing them the card and getting that swiped.
I have gotten in to lounges just fine by swiping the card before - my interest is specifically in a) restaurant credits and b) any lounges that may have been part of Priority Pass but not the previous Diners Club lounge scheme

Honestly, mostly the restaurant credits - if that works, that's a huge amount of extra value for me in CBR.

I'll see how things go over my weekend trip to MEL...

I think Diners also offers restaurant credits. At least the app indicates it does. Actually in BNE (intl) they've ditched Plaza Premium in favour of Coretto Bar credit which is before security :(

Yes but are the Corretto Bar staff actually aware of this credit? I would fall back to saying priority pass if diners club draws a blank. The programs seem to be the same thing, down to the wording.

Yes but are the Corretto Bar staff actually aware of this credit? I would fall back to saying priority pass if diners club draws a blank. The programs seem to be the same thing, down to the wording.
When I used my Diners to get into the Rex lounge in MEL yesterday, I noticed that it quickly showed up in the usage history on my Priority Pass online account, which suggests that they are indeed processing Diners cards through the same Priority Pass terminal software etc.

Unfortunately I didn't get the chance to try it on a restaurant credit on my trip - was in too much of a rush in CBR on Saturday morning to try it at the cafe there, and in MEL I was more interested in confirming just how tiny the Rex lounge is than trying a restaurant credit. But I'll have the chance either next month or in December.

I tried signing up for a Priority Pass account, it's given me a membership number, and seems to understand that it's a card-provider-based subscription plan, but also on the My Details page it says "There is an issue with your payment card information. Please update your billing details to proceed using your Priority Pass account." which suggests to me that perhaps Diners Australia isn't one of the participating countries.

Maybe I'll ring them but thought I might as well ask here first.
Prompted by your post ajd, I tried activating a Priority Pass membership (using the "Activate your Account" option, not the "Join Priority Pass" option on the PP Log In page) with my (Personal) Diners Club card number, using a different log in name from my Citi Premier PP 2 free visit account.

Hey Presto, I now have a new Priority Pass account, with no apparent limit on the number of unpaid visits. Looks like NAB now offers the same PP deal as for US DC Cardmembers.

I'm not travelling until next year, so haven't had a chance to test the free lounge visits yet.

The PP membership is valid from 4 Dec to 31 Dec 2022, so I presume it either requires annual re-activation or happens automatically...

Last edited:
Prompted by your post ajd, I tried activating a Priority Pass membership (using the "Activate your Account" option, not the "Join Priority Pass" option on the PP Log In page) with my (Personal) Diners Club card number, using a different log in name from my Citi Premier PP 2 free visit account.

Hey Presto, I now have a new Priority Pass account, with no apparent limit on the number of unpaid visits. Looks like NAB now offers the same PP deal as for US DC Cardmembers.

I'm not travelling until next year, so haven't had a chance to test the free lounge visits yet.

The PP membership is valid from 4 Dec to 31 Dec 2022, so I presume it either requires annual re-activation or happens automatically...
MY PP account says this "Your membership refreshes 11 Oct 2023".

Did you have to tick a box that says ...

*Please charge the payment card previously provided with my annual membership fee each year, when due, until I instruct you otherwise in writing. Lounge usage fees for my guest/s and me are also to be charged to this card at the prevailing rate (dependent on membership plan). I understand that entry into the Lounges is conditional upon my presenting a valid Priority Pass membership card, which will be provided to me as part of my membership package. I have the right to cancel this contract within 14 days without giving any reason, as long as the service has not been used. The cancellation period will expire 14 days after the purchase date. To exercise the right to cancel, I must inform Priority Pass of my decision to cancel, before the cancellation period has expired. I agree to abide by the Conditions of Use, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use..

Did you have to tick a box that says ...

*Please charge the payment card previously provided with my annual membership fee each year, when due, until I instruct you otherwise in writing. Lounge usage fees for my guest/s and me are also to be charged to this card at the prevailing rate (dependent on membership plan). I understand that entry into the Lounges is conditional upon my presenting a valid Priority Pass membership card, which will be provided to me as part of my membership pac
No. I used the PP App (Android) to activate using my DC card number - I think the text you are quoting is for purchasing a PP annual membership.

When I subsequently logged onto the PP Web site, in the Personal Details section, I saw the following Membership Declaration, which I don't recall seeing in the App. The "acceptance" check box was ticked!

Membership Declaration
I understand that entry into the Lounges is conditional upon me presenting a valid Priority Pass membership card. I agree to abide by the programme Conditions of Use, the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use. Lounge usage fees for my guest / my guests and me are to be charged to the payment card indicated at the prevailing rate. I realize my membership is extended to me as an enhancement benefit. My membership is subject to renewal on a basis agreed with my card issuer.
* If you do not wish to consent to the above declaration, please contact the card issuer through whom you receive Priority Pass as a benefit and advise that you no longer wish to participate in the Priority Pass programme.

Update

I did the above mentioned Activation

Update:

I did the above mentioned Account Activation using my DB card number, in the PP App (Android).

When I subsequently logged onto the PP Web site, a pop-up informed me "There is an issue with your payment card information. Please update your billing details to proceed using your Priority Pass account.", same as "ajd".

So, it appears that my assumption that NAB has provided a "free" PP membership is ill-founded. Apologies to anyone I may have confused with my posts! I'll forget about PP for the time being and continue using my DC card for lounge access

Isn't the priority pass benefits including the restaurant credits included in the australian diners card by default? Of course, I can see the benefits of being able to show a priority pass card, as convincing all these cafes and restaurants at aussie airports that flashing your diners card gives you free stuff might prove to be, umm, a challenge.

But I'll have the chance either next month or in December.
Any updates on this? :)

Last edited:
ians1949 I think you were right on the money the first time. I've been wondering this same thing regarding Diners and PP and have finally had a chance to use it a few times both through the app that was activated off my DC, as well as with the physical DC card itself. Both worked perfectly at both lounges (Rex) and at food outlets (both at OOL and SYD), just be prepared for staff to tell you that your DC card won't work at food outlets but I believe this is them getting confused with Amex not allowing food outlets on their PP cards, not DC. In my app my membership date has been renewed to end of 2023 but as you have experienced also have the "Please update your billing details to proceed". I'd just ignore it and use the app for update any info as the message doesn't seem to appear there. Hopefully this doesn't change! Cheers.
Update

I did the above mentioned Activation

Update:

I did the above mentioned Account Activation using my DB card number, in the PP App (Android).

When I subsequently logged onto the PP Web site, a pop-up informed me "There is an issue with your payment card information. Please update your billing details to proceed using your Priority Pass account.", same as "ajd".

So, it appears that my assumption that NAB has provided a "free" PP membership is ill-founded. Apologies to anyone I may have confused with my posts! I'll forget about PP for the time being and continue using my DC card for lounge access

Can I just ask if the Diners Club that you get by linking the Citibank Prestige card, would that have lounge access as well?

Can I just ask if the Diners Club that you get by linking the Citibank Prestige card, would that have lounge access as well?
No, Lounge access is not included for supplementary Diners Club cards attached to Citibank credit card accounts.

Both worked perfectly at both lounges (Rex) and at food outlets (both at OOL and SYD), just be prepared for staff to tell you that your DC card won't work at food outlets but I believe this is them getting confused with Amex not allowing food outlets on their PP cards, not DC.
Can you clarify this please? So was it enough to show the Diners Club without the PP card at the food outlets? And do you have to swipe the DC card to get the food credit?

thanks

Can you clarify this please? So was it enough to show the Diners Club without the PP card at the food outlets? And do you have to swipe the DC card to get the food credit?

thanks
Yes we did this T2 Syd last week. They swipe the diners card in their pp machine, $36 to spend. We have never signed up for pp, just the dc as issued.

Back