Dan Murphy's and Other Wine Deals | Page 650 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Dan Murphy's and Other Wine Deals

Dr Ralph

AFF Supporter
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
20% off merlot today at Cellarmasters with the code 20MERLOT

No minimum spend.

MichielH

James Dominguez Secret Wine # 165 @ $39.84
This will be the Tim Adams The Aberfeldy Shiraz 2010, rated Gary Walsh 95 Points.
Not bad with almost a decade of mellowing.

chonka

Cheers

I saw Pilatus wasn't happy with the '18

but earlier vintages look to have been popular and Dan's are selling the '17 not the 18. Ordered half a dozen.
Odds are this will be the Twins barrel select. I have the standard Maverick 'Twins' 2017 cab 'blend' and it was a straight cab that vintage. ('13 blend, '15 straight cab, '16 blend, '17 straight cab, '18 dropped the 'Twins' and quality)

Edit: All out of stock before I could grab this one 😭

Last edited:

vyralmonkey

Intern
Odds are this will be the Twins barrel select. I have the standard Maverick 'Twins' 2017 cab 'blend' and it was a straight cab that vintage. ('13 blend, '15 straight cab, '16 blend, '17 straight cab, '18 dropped the 'Twins' and quality)

Edit: All out of stock before I could grab this one 😭
Can confirm - '17 Barrel select Cab blend is what arrived

qaz

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Recent posts elsewhere: 2019 Halliday Top 100 @ Qantas, The Chardonnay Thread

James Dominguez Secret Wine # 165 @ $39.84
This will be the Tim Adams The Aberfeldy Shiraz 2010, rated Gary Walsh 95 Points.
Not bad with almost a decade of mellowing.
JD also still has 2012 available at $36.91 (JO95, GW94) vs 2010 $39.84 (JO96, GW95)

That's a good deal!
in case anyone bought from My Wine Guy, they can price-match Kemenys :)

now also MB96 - $53.99/$54.99 @ My Wine Guy (less with $30 voucher)

juddles

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum 1
Flights
My Map
Am a late joiner of this thread, and have not read the previous gazzillion pages....

So sorry if I step on my own toes and say something stupid.

Anyway, after recently discovering Qantas wine and working out the best deals there, have now included Dan Murphy's. Just bought what I am understanding as a "Under wraps" deal. Specifically the "Under wraps Mclaren Vale GSM 2016". I quickly learnt from online stuff that the descriptions can be used, via an internet search, to often immediately reveal what it is you are actually buying. So I wait now for my 6 pack of Ulithorne Dona GSM 2016. Am just getting into the discovery of GSM wines, after returning from overseas where such concept is unknown. I am sure that this purchase will not be stellar (hence it being on sale) but at $10 a bottle on this special I will eagerly await it.

mouseman99

Decent price on the Filsell.
Also on the vasse felix on the same site. Until midnight I believe

AFAFA

Intern
Balnaves Tally Cabernet Sauvignon 2010. $480 a six pack (less vouchers) + 20,000 bonus qantas points:

vyralmonkey

Intern
Unless I'm missing something, these are currently going for way below what they should be:

Chateau Y - Lur Saluces Sauternes 1977 (2x 750ml), Bordeaux

4 hrs to go - currently $42/bottle
Listed as a dessert wine - but this is a dry style - d'Yquem is the sticky.

Unless I'm missing something, these are currently going for way below what they should be:

I think it only holds collectors value. The mid-70s were not too kind for Bordeaux.
Edit: though perhaps that is why many may overlook it (like I just did)

Last edited:

afro

lets bid on it!

AFF on Air Podcast

• British Airways Executive Club – AIR025
    Sat, 30 Nov 2019 22:53:26 AEDT
      Many Australians join Qantas Frequent Flyer by default. But even if you fly with Qantas regularly, you could benefit by using the British Airways Executive Club frequent f ...
  • Married Segments & More – AIR024
    Sat, 16 Nov 2019 04:32:20 AEDT
      Airlines seem to love married segments, but for frequent flyers and travel agents they can be extremely frustrating. Sometimes you'll find an award seat on a flight you w ...
  • HARS (Historic Aircraft Restoration Society) – AIR023
    Sat, 02 Nov 2019 13:24:03 AEDT
      The Historic Aircraft Restoration Society (HARS) boasts a collection of over 60 aircraft, including a retired Qantas 747, Super Constellation and DC-3s. John Travolta's Bo ...
  • “Hidden City” Court Case – AIR022
    Sat, 19 Oct 2019 09:30:46 AEDT
      Earlier this year, German airline Lufthansa tried to sue a passenger that exploited the loophole of hidden-city ticketing by skipping the last flight on their ticket. This ...
  • Summer in Europe – AIR021
    Sat, 05 Oct 2019 17:28:53 AEST
      Qantas and Virgin Australia are fighting over two rare and lucrative new landing slots for Tokyo's Haneda Airport. Meanwhile, four European airlines have gone bankrupt in ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MJP1961