Corprate Rate discounts for car hire/air travel | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Corprate Rate discounts for car hire/air travel

Status
Not open for further replies.

pvd

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2004
Messages
11
Do any kind persons who have any corp rate reference number they would like to leave on this thread so that the less fortunate can have equal access?
 

wleong

Intern
Joined
Jan 26, 2003
Messages
87
Flights
My Map
In my experience, I have found the corporate rates are more expensive that what you could find on the net.

These days, I don't even bother and look at various Internet website and hopefullly the car companies offer a special for when you want to hire.

Good Luck!

:D
 

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
15,976
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
wleong said:
In my experience, I have found the corporate rates are more expensive that what you could find on the net.

These days, I don't even bother and look at various Internet website and hopefullly the car companies offer a special for when you want to hire.

Good Luck!

:D
But note that the corporate rates usually include some level of insurance in the rate. I know ours does.

You can find a swag of Avis codes on this FlyerTalk thread. Most are USA based and some need identification, and many have expired since the thread commenced. Read the entire thread before using them and beware of any identification requirements that may exist for the best discount rates.
 

QF WP

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Jun 20, 2002
Messages
16,415
Qantas
LT Silver
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
I could tell you some excellent codes for car hire as well as hotel stays. But then I'd have to **** you :(

Then the person who gave them to me, would similarly probably want to **** me. :cry:

I'd say that's a lose/lose in my book... :roll:

Whilst I wish I could share with everybody, the goose and the golden egg story comes to mind...
 

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
15,976
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Lindsay Wilson said:
Whilst I wish I could share with everybody, the goose and the golden egg story comes to mind...
Which is why I pointed the OP to those that are already in the public domain on another board.
 

Antony

Newbie
Joined
Aug 28, 2006
Messages
3
wleong said:
In my experience, I have found the corporate rates are more expensive that what you could find on the net.

These days, I don't even bother and look at various Internet website and hopefullly the car companies offer a special for when you want to hire.

Good Luck!

:D
I know of one car rate that beats every other one I've tried every time.

It is for the Association of Professional Engineers, Scientists and Managers, Australia. You would need to join (normally tax deductible), but then you get an Ambassodor Card too (25%/2-for-1 at heaps of places from cafe to 5 star).

(If you mentioned my name when you joined I would get a bonus, but that is not why I'm posting, it really is the best deal) I could probably run a comparison or two for you.

Cheers

Antony
 

Febs

Established Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2006
Messages
1,668
wleong said:
In my experience, I have found the corporate rates are more expensive that what you could find on the net.
I haven't had to hire a car for personal use for ages (always using corporate rates for work)...but how good are these net rates?

I usually get a base model Falcadore (unlimited kms and $500 excess) for $40.xx/day. The rate's actually for a Magna, but I've always been upgraded to a Falcadore or higher.

Cheers,
- Febs.
 

superchris

Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2006
Messages
136
pvd said:
Do any kind persons who have any corp rate reference number they would like to leave on this thread so that the less fortunate can have equal access?
My advice is to get an Avis WIZARD card that will make renting quick and easy and you will get an upgrade without asking.
You also get great rates!
 

serfty

Veteran Member
Moderator
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
42,108
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Through Thrifty in conjunction with my major corporate sponsor I get a CCAR with Thrifty for $41, FCAR $43 base ($550 excess). Also get the QFF points on that base.
 

Alan in CBR

Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2004
Messages
308
Lindsay Wilson said:
I could tell you some excellent codes for car hire as well as hotel stays. But then I'd have to **** you :(

Then the person who gave them to me, would similarly probably want to **** me. :cry:
:shock: :shock:
Well that's a really bizarre action from the profanity filter software! I can of course guess the word that has been removed, but it's much more fun to substitute other 4-letter words there :D
 

JohnK

Veteran Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
42,001
Antony said:
(If you mentioned my name when you joined I would get a bonus, but that is not why I'm posting, it really is the best deal) I could probably run a comparison or two for you.
I would be interested to know the special rate to hire a compact or economy car (Group X or Group A) from HBA airport pickup Sat afternoon 11th Nov and return Wed morning 15th Nov.
 

JohnK

Veteran Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
42,001
Thanks Markis10. They are good rates if they include all taxes and surcharges.

Is that using your own corporate rate or the membership mentioned in this thread?
 

serfty

Veteran Member
Moderator
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
42,108
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
JohnK said:
Thanks Markis10. They are good rates if they include all taxes and surcharges. ...
I would suggest they are base rates and with the +++ you can add $10-$15. The $43 rate I quoted above as base and an FCAR costs about $52 once the +++ is included.
 

markis10

Veteran Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2004
Messages
30,258
JohnK said:
Thanks Markis10. They are good rates if they include all taxes and surcharges.

Is that using your own corporate rate or the membership mentioned in this thread?
They are base with +++ added, I would reserve one at the cheapest price then check www.standbycars.com.au two weeks out, they have a Tilda for $34 all inclusive at present.
 

Mr_Gimlet

Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
364
superchris said:
My advice is to get an Avis WIZARD card that will make renting quick and easy and you will get an upgrade without asking.
You also get great rates!
But have you seen the paperwork to get one - I've opened credit card accounts with less information.
 

coco50

Active Member
Joined
May 15, 2006
Messages
859
Qantas
LT Silver
Mr_Gimlet said:
But have you seen the paperwork to get one - I've opened credit card accounts with less information.
You can join Hertz No 1 Gold online, although it's five years since I joined. I have found the service and charges from Hertz pretty good, but then I have no complaints about Avis either. The paperwork might be hefty now but there is virtually none to do when you pick up the car having quoted either wizard no. or No. 1 gold no. when booking
 

oz_mark

Enthusiast
Joined
Jun 30, 2002
Messages
18,323
Flights
My Map
Mr_Gimlet said:
But have you seen the paperwork to get one - I've opened credit card accounts with less information.
I didn't fill any out, but Avis offered one after renting a car, so maybe they took all the information from the rental record.
 

Antony

Newbie
Joined
Aug 28, 2006
Messages
3
JohnK said:
I would be interested to know the special rate to hire a compact or economy car (Group X or Group A) from HBA airport pickup Sat afternoon 11th Nov and return Wed morning 15th Nov.
Hi John, sorry for tardy reply. Boy, HBA is an expensive place to rent from. For Compact (Corolla), $50/day, +gst +9% airport + $5/day rego +1.5% admin = $268 (at least excess is reduced to 770)
(47/day for economy (echo), 40/day for ute)
The thing I can't believe is the difference to BNE (downtown), where Corolla for those dates is only $32/day base +++. Hertz confirmed price difference between both locations on phone, I couldn't believe HBA would be more than 50% more as a base rate.
I wonder if any of our fellow posters can confirm that they actually got HBA rates, or just generic rates.

Just checked Europcar (through APESMA)
Compact, all inclusive (700 excess) is $205, (includes rego recovery, gst, premium location fee, etc), so Hertz have really dropped the ball there.

Cheers
Antony
(BTW APESMA gets $215 off for 2 yr QC membership)
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
85,922
Messages
2,049,606
Members
53,227
Latest member
bertyrob
Top