Complimentary Qantas club pass

Status
Not open for further replies.

delsbells

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2005
Messages
27
Points
0
Hi,

I have a complimentary Qantas club pass which expires at the end of August. I am flying from Melbourne to Hong Kong via Sydney with a 4 hour stop in Sydney. From Hong Kong I am flying to Athens via Heathrow with an 8 hour stop there. I will be flying Qantas to Heathrow then BA to Athens. Can I use my complimentary pass at Heathrow? Or should I use it in Sydney? I am worried that if I don't use it in Sydney they may not let me use it in London and then it will have gone to waste.
 

turbo

Intern
Joined
Mar 5, 2007
Messages
70
Points
90
Pretty sure you can only use those complimentary passes in actual Qantas Clubs, not BA lounges as QC members can when flying BA. So I would suggest using it in Sydney.
 

benhadi

Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2007
Messages
285
Points
10
You could always use it on the way back. I'm assuming you're taking the same route back? In which case, you can use it in HKG (between the 2 long legs), chance for a shower and a good rest/bite i suppose.
 

parsonstrish

Active Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2005
Messages
720
Points
320
Qantas
Platinum
The back of my complimentar qc pass states "invitations are valid for Qantas operated lounges only and are not valid for oneworld alliance airline, partner airlines lounges or associated lounges, and are subject to Qantas Club Terms and conditions".
Looks as tho. Sydney is your answer.
 
Credit cards which earn frequent flyer points is a popular way to earn frequent flyer points. You can receive thousands of points on everyday spend. And, many of these cards offer generous signup bonuses! Compare to find the credit card that best suits your needs.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
16,488
Points
1,295
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
The pass can only be used when your onward flight is with Qantas. So cannot use it at LHR for the BA flight. But can use it at LHR for a QF flight departure from T4.
 

parsonstrish

Active Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2005
Messages
720
Points
320
Qantas
Platinum
NM said:
The pass can only be used when your onward flight is with Qantas. So cannot use it at LHR for the BA flight. But can use it at LHR for a QF flight departure from T4.

I thought you couldn't use the comp. qc pass o/seas, but sounds as tho. you can according to your answer?

sorry to be dense but if it includes partner airline lounges as a no-no, does this not mean, the pass can't be used o/s.

i have a friend travelling o/seas that could benefit from my compl. pass if it can be used, thanks
 

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
16,488
Points
1,295
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
parsonstrish said:
I thought you couldn't use the comp. qc pass o/seas, but sounds as tho. you can according to your answer?

sorry to be dense but if it includes partner airline lounges as a no-no, does this not mean, the pass can't be used o/s.

i have a friend travelling o/seas that could benefit from my compl. pass if it can be used, thanks
It can be used at any Qantas Club lounge, and that includes overseas Qantas Club lounges outside Australia. As fas as my memory serves, there are Qantas Club lounges at AKL, SIN, HKG, BKK, LAX and I think HNL. Other international locations are partner lounges.Technically the LHR lounges are BA lounges and not Qantas Club lounges. However, when I recently enquired of Qantas about being able to use the invitation at LHR I was told it can be used at LHR T4 prior to a QF departure, but cannot be used at T1 (at all) or T4 prior to a BA departure. For the purposes of lounge invitation validity, I was told LHR T4 is considered a Qantas Club lounge when used prior to a QF departure.
 

serfty

Veteran Member
Moderator
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
43,811
Solutions
13
Points
3,300
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
NM said:
... I was told LHR T4 is considered a Qantas Club lounge when used prior to a QF departure.
I guess that's a benefit of the 'kangaroo route' JSA.
 

Mal

Enthusiast
Joined
Dec 25, 2004
Messages
12,386
Points
1,065
NM said:
It can be used at any Qantas Club lounge, and that includes overseas Qantas Club lounges outside Australia. As fas as my memory serves, there are Qantas Club lounges at AKL, SIN, HKG, BKK, LAX and I think HNL.

Yeah it does depend when you visit the lounge as to "whose" lounge it is! HNL is a perfect example of that...

Add to the list CHC and WLG and I think it's pretty complete. I think QF did have some lounges in other Asian countries, but can't recall them now.
 

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
16,488
Points
1,295
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Mal said:
Yeah it does depend when you visit the lounge as to "whose" lounge it is! HNL is a perfect example of that...
Yes, the morphing lounge strikes again ...
Mal said:
Add to the list CHC and WLG and I think it's pretty complete. I think QF did have some lounges in other Asian countries, but can't recall them now.
Of course. Easy to forget those two :p .
 

Mal

Enthusiast
Joined
Dec 25, 2004
Messages
12,386
Points
1,065
NM said:
Of course. Easy to forget those two :p .

And of course Narita... Maybe more will pop up out of the woodwork when my brain fully switches into gear!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)


Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Top