Coles Group Source MasterCard

Status
Not open for further replies.

vandy

I have just recently heard about this card where you can get 8c per litre fuel discount if you spend over $30 in Coles supermarket on this card. Because I do this anyway it sounds like a good idea - it has no annual fees and I would pay if off in full each month to avoid interest.

However there is no Qantas FF, which I currently get using CitiBank Gold to pay for things. So the grocery money will no longer earn me points.

However, I noticed on the Source website that you can pay at the registers at Kmart and Target stores through cash and Eftpos. Does this include using another Credit Card?

Could I pay off my Source card balance with my Citibank card and then earn the points for that transaction?

Anyone have a source card and tried this? Or do the stores not let you pay with credit and only accept cash or savings/cheque accounts on Eftpos?

Thanks!

I have just recently heard about this card where you can get 8c per litre fuel discount if you spend over $30 in Coles supermarket on this card. Because I do this anyway it sounds like a good idea - it has no annual fees and I would pay if off in full each month to avoid interest.

However there is no Qantas FF, which I currently get using CitiBank Gold to pay for things. So the grocery money will no longer earn me points.

However, I noticed on the Source website that you can pay at the registers at Kmart and Target stores through cash and Eftpos. Does this include using another Credit Card?

Could I pay off my Source card balance with my Citibank card and then earn the points for that transaction?

Anyone have a source card and tried this? Or do the stores not let you pay with credit and only accept cash or savings/cheque accounts on Eftpos?

You can't use another credit card to pay off your source card. See the Questions page: http://source.com.au/MasterCard/CommonQuestions/Payments.asp

fuel discount vouches take so long to come, hard for us infreq. car drivers to time properly.

Why not go with the Woolworths card ? I think there is a fuel dicount offer tied to that and if memory serves me,later this year this there will be an option to earn QF points on it.
Or did I dream that?

Why not go with the Woolworths card ? I think there is a fuel dicount offer tied to that and if memory serves me,later this year this there will be an option to earn QF points on it.
Or did I dream that?

Yeah it is supposed to, hard to find good info about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and enjoy a better viewing experience, as well as full participation on our community forums.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to enjoy lots of other benefits and discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back