Children on QF Domestic Business Class | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Children on QF Domestic Business Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Commuter

Active Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2006
Messages
793
I was fortunate (in those cases...) enough to be seated a few rows back in economy, but I noticed on the last couple of flights that there were very noisy young children on mother's lap in business class.

Just wondering how people in business class feel about the noise level that's 'imposed' upon them, especially if the work booked them in business class so that they can work?
 

Dave Noble

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2005
Messages
6,419
There is no reason why a small child should not be in business class. If they happen to be a distraction, then that is unfortunate but so it would be in economy

Dave
 

NM

Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
15,792
Flights
My Map
Its no different to a noisy adult in business class. As a parent, I give quite a lot more latitude to people travelling with infants than I give to adults who disturb the peace with other forms of anti-social behaviour.

If the child has a boarding pass entitling them to a seat in business class then I have no issue with them sitting there. In fact, all of my children have been seated in business class at some point, including a 2yo in her own skybed :cool: .
 

simongr

Enthusiast
Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Messages
14,229
I would find it annoying - but no more so than unruly adults - and at least in J you have a bit more distances and often cant feel them kicking the seatback quite so much (esp. if they have their own skybed ;))
 

vt01

Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2006
Messages
374
NM said:
If the child has a boarding pass entitling them to a seat in business class then I have no issue with them sitting there. In fact, all of my children have been seated in business class at some point, including a 2yo in her own skybed :cool: .
Absolutely. We will be travelling to Perth in the middle of March with miss 3.8yo in her own J seat, master 1.7yo on my lap in J and mrs vt01 gets J by herself... More brownie points if master 1.7 stays on my lap!

I hope you took a picture of miss 2yo in her own skybed! Then she can flash it around as she gets older so that people know the manner of travel to which she is accustomed..:)
 

NM

Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
15,792
Flights
My Map
vt01 said:
I hope you took a picture of miss 2yo in her own skybed! Then she can flash it around as she gets older so that people know the manner of travel to which she is accustomed..:)
Unfortunately no photo was taken. I was not on the flight, was just Mrs NM and our two daughters (aged 10 and 2). If I was there, I would have taken a photo for sure.
 

SF&

Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2006
Messages
134
vt01 said:
Absolutely. We will be travelling to Perth in the middle of March with miss 3.8yo in her own J seat, master 1.7yo on my lap in J and mrs vt01 gets J by herself... More brownie points if master 1.7 stays on my lap!

I hope you took a picture of miss 2yo in her own skybed! Then she can flash it around as she gets older so that people know the manner of travel to which she is accustomed..:)
Hey my kids 6 & 8 want to know why they can't be in sky beds on every bloody plane we get on.
 

NM

Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
15,792
Flights
My Map
SF& said:
Hey my kids 6 & 8 want to know why they can't be in sky beds on every bloody plane we get on.
Sometimes I think we are creating a monster through our travel patterns :p
 

SF&

Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2006
Messages
134
NM said:
Sometimes I think we are creating a monster through our travel patterns :p
looking at the new levels of what is being offered by cx, sq etc its a nice monster!!!
 

serfty

Moderator
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
40,271
Flights
My Map
It's not just the kiddies ...

SF& said:
Hey my kids 6 & 8 want to know why they can't be in sky beds on every bloody plane we get on.
Many moons ago on QF2 to BKK, nervous flier mrs serfty was inoculated with copious quantities of pointy end bubbly by a pro-active CSM while sitting in her 70J seat.

Later on he came down and convinced her to go to see the pilot and the flight deck. This suprised me as I had never seen her get out of her seat while the aircraft was flying before.:shock:

Half an hour later she came back and asked my "why were we not travelling in bed class":?: . :confused:


(BTW, these were Dreamtime Seats she was referring to).
 

SF&

Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2006
Messages
134
Re: It's not just the kiddies ...

serfty said:
Many moons ago on QF2 to BKK, nervous flier mrs serfty was inoculated with copious quantities of pointy end bubbly by a pro-active CSM while sitting in her 70J seat.

Later on he came down and convinced her to go to see the pilot and the flight deck. This suprised me as I had never seen her get out of her seat while the aircraft was flying before.:shock:

Half an hour later she came back and asked my "why were we not travelling in bed class":?: . :confused:


(BTW, these were Dreamtime Seats she was referring to).

/quote]

She ain't the only one mate we all want to head to the pointy end
 

Kiwi Flyer

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
5,453
Re: It's not just the kiddies ...

serfty said:
Many moons ago on QF2 to BKK, nervous flier mrs serfty was inoculated with copious quantities of pointy end bubbly by a pro-active CSM while sitting in her 70J seat.

Later on he came down and convinced her to go to see the pilot and the flight deck. This suprised me as I had never seen her get out of her seat while the aircraft was flying before.:shock:

Half an hour later she came back and asked my "why were we not travelling in bed class":?: . :confused:


(BTW, these were Dreamtime Seats she was referring to).
:D

It's like the first upgrades. Need to have longhaul travel in why first so as to properly appreciate the efforts gone to to procure the upgrades.
 

munitalP

Suspended
Joined
Oct 10, 2006
Messages
3,780
Flights
My Map
I have to admit that crying babies and screaming kids drive me insane - especially in business class where peace and tranquility are expected - so... I now never leave home without my iPod and at least 3 pairs of earplugs extra (over and above the pair supplied in the night bag - I have a tendancy to roll over and they fall out of my ears).

I agree with other statements that if you buy the seat, it does not matter who sits in it, everyone has the right... BUT ... Parents of the screaming kids (notice I didn't include crying babies) - remember, it may be your way of bringing your children up to ignor their tantrums and their screaming, but have respect for the others seated around you and try and quiet them down as fast as possible.

I recently spent an entire flight from Singapore upstairs with a kid screaming because she was not getting her own way. the mother chose to ignor the kid rather than doing something about it. I promise, there were about 18 other people on the top deck wanting that kid stowed with the luggage and mum tossed out the nearest exit!:confused:
 

sammy

Intern
Joined
Sep 27, 2005
Messages
84
Although most of my experience relates to international flights, we do fly up front domestically a couple of times a year.
As a ten-year expat with four kids, we've done dozens (hundreds?) of flights up the front with kids.
Many times have been given the pissed off eye-roll by precious fellow travellers as we make our way to our seats. I have to say it really annoys me. The kids' tickets cost $4 thousand each, just like mine/theirs. They seem to think we somehow scored free tickets and have no right to be there.
And I have to say that my kids are probably better flyers than many adults, know their way around the plane, how to work the tv's, loos, seats etc etc with much less fuss than some...
Most fellow passengers are completely fine, though.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
81,278
Messages
1,874,486
Members
49,155
Latest member
GregDyne
Top