CheckMyTrip Infotriever

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Hawkeye, Apr 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Member

Nov 4, 2006
    BNE
    Does anybody else use this feature to add itineraries to Outlook etc.? Just noted that they are charging after today for its use - standard price 19.95USD; 9.95 if sign up today.

I found this feature useful to sync with my phone, providing an extra copy of my intinerary.

Soon we will be charged to check our itineraries on-line ... with an additional communications tax added:(!?!

2. Tooner

Tooner Active Member

Nov 7, 2006
    Sydney
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I used Infotriever to sync to outlook so Mrs Tooner had my flights available - but she never looks at it! We use Notes at work, and I usually set up appointments for the flights. I could then adjust time-zones, which Infotriever didn't as far as I can see.

If it costs, I probably won't use it.

3. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I used it for about 18 months, but then decided it was easer to simply update my calendar manually.

So no issue for me ...

4. Flashback

Flashback Senior Member

Oct 29, 2006
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I find it to be quite handy, also... but like others, if they are to charge for it then they can go jump - I'll happily spend 2 minutes to enter it into my calender manually :rolleyes:

5. simongr

simongr Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2006
    I used to use at my previous employer - we used Carlsson Wagonlit as out travel agent and they emailed the sabre to virtually there which used infotriever. I found it very handy as most of my flights were SYD-Dubbo/Broken Hill so it was useful to get the info.

We now use FCM at my new employer and they dont send anything that useful :rolleyes:

6. GDSman

GDSman Member

Oct 18, 2004
    Hobart
    I haven't heard of any charge for Infotriever being passed on to users of Virtually There yet and can't see any info on infotriever's corporate website...

7. sue_in_oz

sue_in_oz Junior Member

Nov 29, 2006
    Sydney
    I also use CWT for leisure (as well as work). Still able to use Infotriever for $0 via Virtually There :)

HTH

Sue