Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Checkin at QC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flashback

Enthusiast
Joined
Oct 29, 2006
Messages
10,723
Points
1,330
Quick question which I have a bit of confusion over, ODU can only be request by SG and WP members in the QC, is that right? A PS can't ask for one?

Also, slightly unrelated, I'm flying to BME tomorrow and have only my laptop and a small overnight bag, thus I don't need to use the bagdrop. I'm going to OLCI in 10 minutes so will already be checked in. Am I able to walk into the airport, straight through security and up to the QC and they will print out my boarding pass there?

TIA.
 

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
16,333
Points
1,295
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Flashware said:
Quick question which I have a bit of confusion over, ODU can only be request by SG and WP members in the QC, is that right? A PS can't ask for one?
Anyone with Qantas Club access can request an On Departure Upgrade. It is not limited to Gold and Platinum status members.
Flashware said:
Also, slightly unrelated, I'm flying to BME tomorrow and have only my laptop and a small overnight bag, thus I don't need to use the bagdrop. I'm going to OLCI in 10 minutes so will already be checked in. Am I able to walk into the airport, straight through security and up to the QC and they will print out my boarding pass there?

TIA.
Yes.
 

codash1099

Established Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2006
Messages
2,864
Points
705
Qantas
Platinum
Flashware said:
Also, slightly unrelated, I'm flying to BME tomorrow and have only my laptop and a small overnight bag, thus I don't need to use the bagdrop. I'm going to OLCI in 10 minutes so will already be checked in. Am I able to walk into the airport, straight through security and up to the QC and they will print out my boarding pass there?

TIA.

Your boarding pass can been printed as part of the OLCI process.
 

poppet

Intern
Joined
May 2, 2006
Messages
91
Points
0
Sorry to Hijack but I have a question re on departure upgrades.

My husband and I have RTW tickets in Q class (personal travel so we wanted cheapest). I am a QC member. Is there any way we can get an on departure upgrade for flights in Q class? Or are we doomed to travel in economy the whole way? I know we can't use our points to upgrade online but was wondering if it's different if you ask at the desk.
 
Get paid up to 25% in real cash from your everyday purchases from leading companies such as Virgin Australia, Booking.com, Woolworths, Coles, Apple, Microsoft and much more. Free to join and no catches!

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

Flashback

Enthusiast
Joined
Oct 29, 2006
Messages
10,723
Points
1,330
Thanks guys, assumed that was the way :)

codash1099 said:
Your boarding pass can been printed as part of the OLCI process.

Yep.. and it's big, bad, ugly and a lot of time confuses staff! Especially at regional airports such as TPR, NEW, etc ;) not to mention the bus, of course..
 

Lonely Flyer

Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2006
Messages
349
Points
180
poppet said:
Sorry to Hijack but I have a question re on departure upgrades.

My husband and I have RTW tickets in Q class (personal travel so we wanted cheapest). I am a QC member. Is there any way we can get an on departure upgrade for flights in Q class? Or are we doomed to travel in economy the whole way? I know we can't use our points to upgrade online but was wondering if it's different if you ask at the desk.

This is were QF need to think outside the box.

Why not allow upgrade on all tickets and have a slightly higher number of points charged for upgrading red e deals
 

smithym

Intern
Joined
Jun 3, 2006
Messages
89
Points
0
poppet said:
Sorry to Hijack but I have a question re on departure upgrades.

My husband and I have RTW tickets in Q class (personal travel so we wanted cheapest). I am a QC member. Is there any way we can get an on departure upgrade for flights in Q class? Or are we doomed to travel in economy the whole way? I know we can't use our points to upgrade online but was wondering if it's different if you ask at the desk.

I dont believe that you will be able to. ODU's are only avaliable at domestic QP and exclude N,O & Q classes.
 

Altair

Active Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2006
Messages
850
Points
10
Lonely Flyer said:
This is were QF need to think outside the box.

Why not allow upgrade on all tickets and have a slightly higher number of points charged for upgrading red e deals
They already do.
I was allowed to apply for an upgrade on a red edeal, SYD-WLG for 16K on one trip on another same route it was 10K as I had a higher fare class.
 

serfty

Veteran Member
Moderator
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
43,243
Solutions
5
Points
3,275
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Altair said:
They already do.
I was allowed to apply for an upgrade on a red edeal, SYD-WLG for 16K on one trip on another same route it was 10K as I had a higher fare class.
Not all international "red e-deals" book into N, O or. indeed, Q classes.

The ONLY international fare class that would allow a 10K point upgrade is Y.

Upgrade Award Table
 

Altair

Active Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2006
Messages
850
Points
10
serfty said:
Not all international "red e-deals" book into N, O or. indeed, Q classes.

The ONLY international fare class that would allow a 10K point upgrade is Y.

Upgrade Award Table
Yep, it was Y. I needed to catch that particular flight and work was paying....of course my upgrade request did not go through. Maybe I should have paid the $300 difference and flown J guaranteed.:-|
 

poppet

Intern
Joined
May 2, 2006
Messages
91
Points
0

Thanks everyone ... looks like we're doomed! Oh well, looks like I'll be taking a sleeping pill to try and pass the time without feeling cramped. Can't really complain considering we only paid $2,600 including taxes for the tickets.
 

lovetravellingoz

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
9,122
Solutions
1
Points
540
poppet said:

Thanks everyone ... looks like we're doomed! Oh well, looks like I'll be taking a sleeping pill to try and pass the time without feeling cramped. Can't really complain considering we only paid $2,600 including taxes for the tickets.


Out of interest,,what is the routing and airlines for each leg???...as I assume that as QC members you have sought to have flights that will allow you to access international lounges.

Is ita full RTW..or one of the limirted specials you see....Thanks

Standard QANTAS booked RTW...

Tier 1 Economy
01 Jan-27 May
Fines

$
2,679​
$548.58


Total.....$3,227.58
 

poppet

Intern
Joined
May 2, 2006
Messages
91
Points
0
lovetravellingoz said:
Out of interest,,what is the routing and airlines for each leg???...as I assume that as QC members you have sought to have flights that will allow you to access international lounges.

Is ita full RTW..or one of the limirted specials you see....Thanks

Standard QANTAS booked RTW...

Tier 1 Economy
01 Jan-27 May
Fines​

$​

2,679
$548.58​


Total.....$3,227.58
Hi Lovetravelling Oz, just found the booking paperwork. I think it is one of the limited specials you refer to ie if we want to stop in more than 5 cities we have to pay extra per flight. We are leaving on 1 May and going
"Around the world economy airfares flying Qantas and British Airways - Adelaide Sydney Los Angeles New York London Paris Singapore Adelaide
$2623 per person incl Arrival and Departure taxes approx $732 taxes"

All flights are on Qantas and BA so yes, we will be able to use the lounges. When we initially enquired we were quoted $3,479 for the same route, but by changing a couple of the flights to different times (not days) we were able to save ourselves over $800 per person! So now we can afford to stay in Westin hotels instead of Sheraton.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
86,600
Messages
2,099,932
Members
53,909
Latest member
Annie1153
Top