Cheapest ways to get to airports in Australia | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Cheapest ways to get to airports in Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now with contactless delivery, shop online to get drinks delivered to your door or pick up in-store in 30 minutes. Lowest Liquor Price Guarantee. Biggest Range.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

Blinky

I've got a better one in Sydney (okay, only works for people like me). I am working at age 63, and when I last went to catch the train from Sydney Airport, innocently asked if there was an over 60's discount. "If you have a Seniors Card there is" was the reply. I got an all day pass for something like $6. Bargain.

serfty

Veteran Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Going to Bondi Junction to catch the 400 bus is a little OTT.

Just take a train to Mascot (Dom) or Wolli Creek (Int) and walk. You can also catch up with the 400 bus at Mascot if you don't feel like walking that far.

Foreigner

Established Member
I've got a better one in Sydney (okay, only works for people like me). I am working at age 63, and when I last went to catch the train from Sydney Airport, innocently asked if there was an over 60's discount. "If you have a Seniors Card there is" was the reply. I got an all day pass for something like $6. Bargain.
Oh good news...when I hit six-O in 45 months I'll become eligible for that card.

ajd

Flights
My Map
In CBR, the first weekday Airport Express bus to the airport only gets to the airport at 08:46, so using ACTION buses is in fact the only public transport option for anything leaving before ~09:15...

VulpesVulpes

Flights
My Map
Uber Uber Uber
This is what I do all the time in MEL

I get an UberBack (private limo) so I am happy
The fare if cheaper than a taxi, so the boss is happy

Win Win

Blinky

I thought that the seniors card is for people who have officially retired, or maybe working fewer than x hours per week.
Not in Victoria at least (and I think Australia). You get a Senior's Card when you reach 60. Not to be confused with a Senior's Health Care card, which requires you to be over 65 and retired. So any over 60s who don't get a Senior's Card are losing some good opportunities.

mhen

Not in Victoria at least (and I think Australia). You get a Senior's Card when you reach 60. Not to be confused with a Senior's Health Care card, which requires you to be over 65 and retired. So any over 60s who don't get a Senior's Card are losing some good opportunities.
"NSW permanent residents aged 60 or over, who do no more than 20 hours of paid work a week on average across a twelve month period, can apply for a NSW Seniors Card. This free card gives you discounts and special offers at thousands of businesses across NSW. With a valid green Medicare Card you can apply for a NSW Seniors Card online."
Seniors Card travel, transport and business discounts program

JohnK

Veteran Member
I saw a Sydney centric thread...

Probably also need a summary for the Gold Coast.
The 761 bus from Robina Station, Varsity Lakes Station, Pines Shopping Centre to OOL Airport and then Tweed Heads and the reverse.

Unfortunately from mempry the last service from OOL is a 7:00pm service and there are options to Southport until ~9:00pm or ~10:00pm but make it almost impossible to get to Brisbane.

When the OOL-SYD airfares are $20+ cheaper than BNE-SYD airfares I have been known to go via OOL as it costs me nothing to get there on a Friday or return on Sunday. A lot of times I will do an OOL-SYD on Friday followed by a SYD-BNE on a Sunday and pay a little extra.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Becklez