Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Changing one leg on an award light

K. Louise

HI. Have have booked two business class rewards seats from Melb, via Dubai to Paris using QFF points. I would like to change the Dubai/Paris leg to Dubai/Hamburg. There are award seats available on the Qantas site. Is it possible for me to change online the last leg, without cancelling the Melb/Dubai leg, or do l need to call Qantas and pay the points for assistance?. Thankyou for any advice.

Credit cards which earn frequent flyer points is a popular way to earn frequent flyer points. You can receive thousands of points on everyday spend. And, many of these cards offer generous signup bonuses! Compare to find the credit card that best suits your needs.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

Austman

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
I've done it on-line. In the "manage your booking" there should be a "change" button. If there isn't one, a call to the service centre to request the change should not result in any fee if it's pointed out that it was not possible to make the change on-line.

madrooster

Established Member
Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Gold
There are award seats available on the Qantas site. Is it possible for me to change online the last leg, without cancelling the Melb/Dubai leg, or do l need to call Qantas and pay the points for assistance?. Thankyou for any advice.

Are there seats available for MEL-DXB-HAM and not just DXB-HAM? If not, you won't be able to do it due to EK using married segment control.

K. Louise

After a couple of weeks of phone calls with Qantas, it is fixed. Qantas reserved the award business seats from Dubai to Hamburg for me, whilst they contacted Emirites to un marry the other legs. So, l now have my original Melb to Dubai business award seats with the new Dubai to Hamburg seats. No change in taxes and 5000 points each for change. Very pleased.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amandaweer