Cathay to cut worldwide capacity by 30% [Now 96%] | Page 2 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Cathay to cut worldwide capacity by 30% [Now 96%]

burmans

Flights
My Map
So there are reports in the press that 90% of flights in April have been canned but can't find any official list of what's been cancelled, any ideas of where I look.

PineappleSkip

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
You could try expertflyer or similar and see what’s available. CX website updates appear to be way out of date, they have travel advice about entering Australia that is weeks old.

PineappleSkip

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
A blast from the past. CX157 just flew past en route back to HKG. A blast from the past - my former (air)bus to work. It flew in as CX156, a 777 this time, three hours before the schedule yesterday. Presumably this is one of the Repat flights from HKG, although I thought QF and VA were operating them.
cheers skip
BB0F777F-A1C1-47C4-9D9E-43A9D58D260D.png

PineappleSkip

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Yikes!
Hong Kong’s flag carrier reported a 99.6 per cent drop in passengers carried in April – the steepest ever reduction recorded by the airline group – from the 3.12 million customers carried in the same month last year.
So that would be about 12,500 passengers for the whole month, not much more than 400 a day!

Cheers skip

tomcut2000

Yikes!

So that would be about 12,500 passengers for the whole month, not much more than 400 a day!

Cheers skip
the bigger question is will the people come back to CX and HK after the pandemic is over with the protests restarting almost immediately now

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdamBart