Boeing's Intercontinental flies into the limelight

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Yada Yada, May 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Yada Yada

Yada Yada Established Member

Dec 6, 2004
    1F
    The full story is worth a read if you have a moment. There is quite a bit of info about the aircraft design, especially the interior.

2. JohnK

JohnK Veteran Member

Mar 22, 2005
    BNE, SYD and CNX
    Yes some interesting information.

I am glad that QF has dropped consideration for the 777-200LR.

I can also understand that the 747-8 may be a good solution for assisting the airlines with soaring fuel costs by reducing fuel consumption and also increasing range capability. I can imagine a few people on this site would be very happy with the idea of non stop flights SYD-LHR or SYD-LAX and better still SYD-DFW.

Personally I would prefer to have a stopover or two. After 6 or 7 hours in a pressurised cabin I would like a chance to get out walk around, get my sanity back. The thought of spending 17 hours in the air non stop freaks me out. I would look for alternate routes to the non stop option.

3. oz_mark

oz_mark Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2002
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    And stops along the way where the flight number changes are preferred:mrgreen:

4. JohnK

JohnK Veteran Member

Mar 22, 2005
    BNE, SYD and CNX
    Pre-requisite. :mrgreen:

5. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    Not necessarily. Sometimes it is an advantage to have the single flight number - eg on a xONEx when it enables another flight segment to be added, or in some programs enables upgrade for the whole way for the same amount as each shorter leg separately.

6. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Another good example was my recent AA candy theft qualifying flight. By making it MEL-LHR on a single flight number, I received the 100% bonus miles for the entire flight distance.