Best Platinum cards

Discussion in 'General Credit Card Discussion' started by alien, Mar 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. alien

alien Member

Nov 6, 2002
    Sydney
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Hi All,

Just got an invitation for a Platinum Mastercard with Platinum AMEX card Westpac $295 pa as I currently have a Westpac Gold Visa and AMEX at $150 pa.

I'm wondering if this is the better Platinum card on the market or are there others that far exceed the Westpac offer?

Should I bother changing from my Gold?

Cheers
    Alien

2. straitman

Apr 27, 2003
    SE Oz (Sale)
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Alien,

There is already a huge discussion through the various banking topics on this site. There is already a summary somewhere also, though I must admit that I haven't followed all that closely as I'm happy where I am.

3. Sheriff

Sheriff Member

May 22, 2005
    The best Platinum card is the one that comes with an annual fee waiver.

Cheers,
    Sheriff

4. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I fail to see the fixation with the colour of a credit card. Get the card that has the features and fee structure that best suits your spending pattern, no matter what colour it happens to be.

5. Evan

Evan Established Member

Dec 26, 2006
    SIN / MEL
    Actually in SIN you find you get access to some clubs in the VIP queue and also special queues at cinemas etc. (Then again just being white i rock up to the VIP queue at MOS & Zook and get the nod anyway)
    This is you have a platinum visa.

But like you all said, no idea why the fixation on colour, all mine at gold (gold needed for the limits i have)

E

6. alien

alien Member

Nov 6, 2002
    Sydney
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I agree however I'm looking for something that might offer more benefits as long as they equate to the cost of the annual fee.