Best Platinum cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

alien

Hi All,

Just got an invitation for a Platinum Mastercard with Platinum AMEX card Westpac $295 pa as I currently have a Westpac Gold Visa and AMEX at $150 pa.

I'm wondering if this is the better Platinum card on the market or are there others that far exceed the Westpac offer?

Should I bother changing from my Gold?

Cheers
Alien

alien said:
Hi All,

Just got an invitation for a Platinum Mastercard with Platinum AMEX card Westpac $295 pa as I currently have a Westpac Gold Visa and AMEX at $150 pa.

I'm wondering if this is the better Platinum card on the market or are there others that far exceed the Westpac offer?

Should I bother changing from my Gold?

Cheers
Alien
Alien,

There is already a huge discussion through the various banking topics on this site. There is already a summary somewhere also, though I must admit that I haven't followed all that closely as I'm happy where I am.

The best Platinum card is the one that comes with an annual fee waiver.

Cheers,
Sheriff

I fail to see the fixation with the colour of a credit card. Get the card that has the features and fee structure that best suits your spending pattern, no matter what colour it happens to be.

Actually in SIN you find you get access to some clubs in the VIP queue and also special queues at cinemas etc. (Then again just being white i rock up to the VIP queue at MOS & Zook and get the nod anyway)
This is you have a platinum visa.

But like you all said, no idea why the fixation on colour, all mine at gold (gold needed for the limits i have)

E

NM said:
Get the card that has the features and fee structure that best suits your spending pattern, no matter what colour it happens to be.

I agree however I'm looking for something that might offer more benefits as long as they equate to the cost of the annual fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back