Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Answered AUH Midfield Terminal and EY Lounge plans?

SYD

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Gold
The last I heard, the new midfield terminal might actually open before year end (after at least 2 yrs delay).

Any more up to date status?

Also, has anyone seen what is planned for new EY lounge facilities? You’d think they might be a bit more special than existing ones. The current 1st Lounge is nice but created as an afterthought when the original was too small. The J Lounge when it opened was a vast improvement but usually very crowded.

Colesmore

Qantas
Silver
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
I'm also keen to learn when it opens. It's agony taxiing past it lit up beautifully to then park at a remote stand and watch F lounge time slip away. Have had a bit of a hunt online but can't seem to find anything from the last few months. I'm guessing they wouldn't be keeping it quiet so 2020 looking likely, hopefully with everything functioning!

SYD

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Gold
Yes, the lack of anything recent online is odd. Perhaps their PR team learnt from the BER fiasco? I was due to fly out of BER in April 2012...

Get paid up to 25% in real cash from your everyday purchases from leading companies such as Virgin Australia, Booking.com, Woolworths, Coles, Apple, Microsoft and much more. Free to join and no catches!

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer
Another article from a few days ago (26/11) quoting the "Chief Programmes Officer" at Abu Dhabi Airports which confirms that the opening has indeed been pushed to 2020: Abu Dhabi Midfield Terminal more than 97 per cent completed

Abu Dhabi: An opening date for Abu Dhabi’s Midfield Terminal will be announced next year, with the massive 742,000 square metre terminal now more than 97 per cent completed, said senior officials from Abu Dhabi Airports in the capital on Tuesday.
“The current progress of the terminal building; we’re about 97 per cent complete [and] we are focusing right now on testing and commissioning,” said Sulaiman Al Siksek, acting chief programmes officer at Abu Dhabi Airports, on the sidelines of the ACI (Airport Council International) Airport Exchange. “We are also working with our colleagues in operations and all the airport users on operational readiness trials. These activities are currently getting quite advanced, we expect more advanced trials towards the end of this year and early next year,” he added.

“Once we are confident with these trials and airport users are ready; we will announce an opening day,” he said.

SYD

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Gold
I saw that article on the weekend and meant to post with the quote of mid to late 2021 (put down to COVID 19 delays).

But still no commentary on lounge arrangements. Not that many of us will be passing through anytime soon.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shadowsfury