ATO (tax office) payments by credit card | Page 444 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

ATO (tax office) payments by credit card

cove

Enthusiast
I started paying some of our quarterlies due later in the month. The ATO site for payments by credit card has been changed but it worked ok and I showed our new accountant the process. This month is a big month as it is a big BAS as well as all the quarterlies so I usually feel impoverished when they are all done.

cove

Enthusiast
I have been foiled by the time delay between Westpac and Dragon so I am flying today without completing the last quarterly ATO payment. Funds should clear tonight.

Tommo_Aus

Can these BPay services (payment logic, B2bpay) be used for a payment as an individual? I have an ATO payment to make after some capital gains and am applying for the Qantas ultimate amex card, I'd like to put this payment towards my min spend and collect the full 1.25ppd if possible. I've been reading through lots of posts but don't understand the best way to do this, or if it's even possible?

Qantas
LT Silver
Flights
My Map
Yes, it is possible to use one of these services for Amex, but those that do accept AMEX will have a high % charge. One option that is a little cheaper is used by some here is available through @ferni. You can find out more by sending ferni a PM.

Can these BPay services (payment logic, B2bpay) be used for a payment as an individual? I have an ATO payment to make after some capital gains and am applying for the Qantas ultimate amex card, I'd like to put this payment towards my min spend and collect the full 1.25ppd if possible. I've been reading through lots of posts but don't understand the best way to do this, or if it's even possible?

cove

Enthusiast
I now have family each with dragon CCs so I will load up several of theirs this month so that they get the points earn. This will take the redemption pressure off the two of us and they can do their own bookings using their own set of redemption nominees.
This month I am around so I can do this rather than in the hectic pre Christmas rush next month.
I have two December trips so it is always easier iwhen I am not travelling.

cove

Enthusiast
I handled the BAS a week early where I shared it around amongst 5 card holders in our family group. I am hoping they will be able to fly on their points.

cove

Enthusiast
Picked two to help pay the monthly BAS with me.
i did burn off quite a chunk of Kris Miles this month coming back from LAX. Two family redemption nominees are flying in style in January.

NJSteve

Yes, it is possible to use one of these services for Amex, but those that do accept AMEX will have a high % charge. One option that is a little cheaper is used by some here is available through @ferni. You can find out more by sending ferni a PM.
From what I'm aware, as long as you have the necessary info to sign up for most platforms you can act as an individual on those accounts. Currently I'm using payment logic and I've had no issues. Plus payment logic's customer service are Aussie as well so that's always good.

NJSteve

Do you know off the top of your head what Ferni's rates are when using his service to pay the ATO? Also is it an actual platform or done by an individual?

anglais

How does the dragon card differ from any other when paying ATO? Is there a way to pay ATO directly via BPAY and get normal points paid? Aside from the birthday bonus there doesn't seem to be any great perks so I must be missing something?

Mogul

How does the dragon card differ from any other when paying ATO? Is there a way to pay ATO directly via BPAY and get normal points paid? Aside from the birthday bonus there doesn't seem to be any great perks so I must be missing something?
There is a way using the card from the west. Bpay via online banking, no fee's and points pay as normal.

This may work for other cards but I have only used the above card.

albyd

Established Member
The way I see it, Dragon currently pays full points at this site - may change in the future but it's the last one that pays at a decent rate - although this merchant keeps hiking the merchant fees for Visa so who knows how long it will remain competitive.

Bell21

I don't think so - 1.95% is pretty standard rate from memory - why don't you PM @ferni - he's traditionally been very responsive

NJSteve

I don't think so - 1.95% is pretty standard rate from memory - why don't you PM @ferni - he's traditionally been very responsive
Been waiting for a response for a little while. Managed to get a link to his website and it's kind of making me uneasy. Only way to access his site is via pm'ing an individual I've never heard of before for a password and username. Also never heard about him before this, why would he keep it private? Seems like a massive missed opportunity. Also just to clarify, we're both speaking about Amex? Appreciate the reply

Bell21

I'm not sure why he hasn't replied - I wondered if he's encountered some head-winds, given I read somewhere (probably in this thread) that his site has been down for a while, so if that's the case, he could well be pre-occupied currently. I believe the 1.95% was AMEX (I can't recall other card rates). I felt fairly comfortable at the prospect of using Ferni's services (albeit I hadn't started), as there's a pretty decent history of discussion about Ferni on here and a number of other AFFers utilise the service. However, I would have done my own due diligence of course and started slowly.

AFF on Air Podcast

• Indian Pacific & Other Epic Train Journeys – AIR027
    Sat, 11 Jan 2020 02:31:00 AEDT
      In this episode, we take a brief detour from the aviation discussion to talk about train travel! There's something nice - perhaps even romantic - about long-distance train ...
  • Status Runs – AIR026
    Sat, 14 Dec 2019 07:15:21 AEDT
      If you're a little bit short of the next airline status tier, a status run can get you over the line. In this episode, learn about the best status runs with Virgin Austral ...
  • British Airways Executive Club – AIR025
    Sat, 30 Nov 2019 22:53:26 AEDT
      Many Australians join Qantas Frequent Flyer by default. But even if you fly with Qantas regularly, you could benefit by using the British Airways Executive Club frequent f ...
  • Married Segments & More – AIR024
    Sat, 16 Nov 2019 04:32:20 AEDT
      Airlines seem to love married segments, but for frequent flyers and travel agents they can be extremely frustrating. Sometimes you'll find an award seat on a flight you w ...
  • HARS (Historic Aircraft Restoration Society) – AIR023
    Sat, 02 Nov 2019 13:24:03 AEDT
      The Historic Aircraft Restoration Society (HARS) boasts a collection of over 60 aircraft, including a retired Qantas 747, Super Constellation and DC-3s. John Travolta's Bo ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mattman92