ATO (tax office) payments by credit card | Page 397 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

ATO (tax office) payments by credit card

Mitch_W

Intern
Used three of my CCs and one of Mrscove’s and all wrapped up in 30 minutes. Next month has quarterlies so that will take quite a bit longer as there are almost a dozen tax bills.
We have only until 4/4 to make the most of KrisFlyer Amex at 1.25 miles per tax $. End of an era sadly☹

cove

Enthusiast
You can prepay if you love Kris Miles on that Amex. I tested my replacement Visa CC for Kris Miles last night and it worked ok. I split the payments to get 2 different lots of Kris Miles and 2 different lots of Qantas points. No first world issue at the moment. Living the dream.

Coles moving to Citi.... March 5 2018

New terms including

Eligible Transaction means any purchase excluding (but not limited to) Cash Advances, Balance Transfers, Special Promotions, BPAY payments, purchases of foreign currency and travellers cheques, transactions made in operating a business, payments to other Citi accounts, bank fees and charges such as interest and ATM charges, transactions made
using flybuys Points and government related transactions. Government related transactions include transactions with government or semi government entities, or relating to services provided by or in connection with government (for example but not limited to transactions made at Australia Post, payments to the Australian Taxation Office, council rates, motor registries, tolls, parking stations and meters, fares on public transport, fines and court related costs).

Last edited:

Scr77

Coles moving to Citi....

New terms including

Eligible Transaction means any purchase excluding (but not limited to) Cash Advances, Balance Transfers, Special Promotions, BPAY payments, purchases of foreign currency and travellers cheques, transactions made in operating a business, payments to other Citi accounts, bank fees and charges such as interest and ATM charges, transactions made
using flybuys Points and government related transactions. Government related transactions include transactions with government or semi government entities, or relating to services provided by or in connection with government (for example but not limited to transactions made at Australia Post, payments to the Australian Taxation Office, council rates, motor registries, tolls, parking stations and meters, fares on public transport, fines and court related costs).
Thanks for the heads up. Was this on a statement? Was there a start date?

Jacques Vert

Established Member
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Red
Coles moving to Citi.... March 5 2018

New terms including

Basically the same as the Citi operated QF Premier Platinum card. Looks like this is the new standard for Citi.

albyd

Established Member
Coles MC we will miss you post March 5 - got a feel good email last week from FB - apparently I'm in the top 1% of FB points earners due to my Coles FS activity. Guess was fun while it lasted. Sounds like Dragon is the way to go. I've got a hefty limit with WBC - I wonder if they'll see that and include it in their thinking for an application for the Dragon.

albyd

Established Member
I’m currently looking to get the dragon card but Mrs Albyd will have to apply for it as I don’t want to cancel my Westpac altitude card just yet.

I called them today and they said they want proof of income from tax returns from self employed. Despite the devotion to this thread, might be difficult to produce the latest. Anyone else in the same predicament applied and navigated their way to a ‘yes’?

carls888

albyd, we emailed through our notice of assessment and two months of business statements. It was enough and we were approved on that. I didn't request a cc limit, just let them decide and we have 15k, which isn't enough, but I will load and pay for a month then request a credit increase. Didn't want to risk the decline being self employed...

albyd

Established Member
Thanks Carls888. Lady i spoke with this morning made it sound like tax return or the highway. Might have a crack tonight then :)

cove

Enthusiast
I am still working on 2017 tax return so I supplied 2016 tax assessment plus quarterly payment info for the 2017 year about 3 months or so ago. The CC was approved pretty quickly so that was ok. I think my 2017 personal tax return will be completed in February 2018.

Smithy789

Anyone here have a perspective on purchasing prepaid visas / MC debit card from this website:
How To Buy Prepaid Cards Online | Corporate Prepaid Giftcards

My understanding is that the following fees apply:
Unreloadable card:
- purchase fee: $6.95 for a generic visa or MC debit card. (one off $50 fee if purchasing less than 20 cards).
- maximum load: $10,000
- charge to load card using visa or MC credit card: approx 1%

Reloadable card:
- $8.35 purchase cost (presumably also a one-off $50 fee if purchasing less than 20 cards)
- 1% fee to load card from visa or MC credit card
- 1.5% fee on subsequent reloads.

I am not sure if my credit card company would consider this kind of purchase to be a cash advance - but thought I'd put this 'out there'.

andye

Established Member
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Anyone here have a perspective on purchasing prepaid visas / MC debit card from this website:
How To Buy Prepaid Cards Online | Corporate Prepaid Giftcards

My understanding is that the following fees apply:
Unreloadable card:
- purchase fee: $6.95 for a generic visa or MC debit card. (one off $50 fee if purchasing less than 20 cards).
- maximum load: $10,000
- charge to load card using visa or MC credit card: approx 1%

Reloadable card:
- $8.35 purchase cost (presumably also a one-off $50 fee if purchasing less than 20 cards)
- 1% fee to load card from visa or MC credit card
- 1.5% fee on subsequent reloads.

I am not sure if my credit card company would consider this kind of purchase to be a cash advance - but thought I'd put this 'out there'.
Pretty likely to be treated as a standard purchase but quite an expensive way of getting points at 1.15+% of bill given very few MC/Visa earn even 1 pt/$ these days

coriander

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
I called them today and they said they want proof of income from tax returns from self employed. Despite the devotion to this thread, might be difficult to produce the latest. Anyone else in the same predicament applied and navigated their way to a ‘yes’?
I was able to produce a 2016 tax return. Then they wanted bank statements for my business account from 01-July to application date (late Nov). My bank only issues statements biannually, so I sent them a screen dump: not good enough, paperwork has to have business address on it. Then I found an option in Netbank which "Instantly create(d) an official letter confirming your transactions and account details for a period you choose." They were happy with that and I had card 2-3 days later. Still haven't received any bonus points, though.

cove

Enthusiast
I had to get assistance to figure out how to print the bank transactions with our names on the top. I doubt I would have figured out where that was hidden in BankWest.

MrHyde

Flights
My Map
New version of the iMacro script. Since the recent update to iMacros, a few things changed. Chrome now only supports VAR1, VAR2, and VAR3. Also, the freeware version no longer supports user defined variables. Thankfully, we only three variables for our purpose - so our script is back working again. I've got 500 cards to get through soon, so this should be getting a big test drive for me this coming week.

Code:
VERSION BUILD=844 RECORDER=CR
URL GOTO=https://www.optussmartpay.com/access/index.aspx?a=84435932&dl=RBA_ATO
SET !VAR1 EVAL("prompt('Please enter 3rd 4 digits:');")
SET !VAR2 EVAL("prompt('Please enter 4th 4 digits:');")
SET !VAR3 EVAL("prompt('Please enter secret 3 digit PIN:');")
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ID:frmMain ATTR=ID:ctrl*
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:frmMain ATTR=ID:ctrl* CONTENT=XXXXXXXXXXX
TAG POS=2 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:frmMain ATTR=ID:ctrl* CONTENT=99.85
TAG POS=3 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:frmMain ATTR=ID:ctrl* CONTENT=4645
TAG POS=4 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:frmMain ATTR=ID:ctrl* CONTENT=5603
TAG POS=5 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:frmMain ATTR=ID:ctrl* CONTENT={{!VAR1}}
TAG POS=6 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:frmMain ATTR=ID:ctrl* CONTENT={{!VAR2}}
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=ID:frmMain ATTR=ID:ctrl* CONTENT=%07
TAG POS=2 TYPE=SELECT FORM=ID:frmMain ATTR=ID:ctrl* CONTENT=%2019
SET !ENCRYPTION NO
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:PASSWORD FORM=ID:frmMain ATTR=ID:ctrl* CONTENT={{!VAR3}}
' Submit initial Details
WAIT SECONDS=5
' Confirm payment
WAIT SECONDS=8
' Display Email
TAG POS=2 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ID:frmMain ATTR=ID:ctrl*
TAG POS=3 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:frmMain ATTR=ID:ctrl* CONTENT=XXX@XXX.XXX
TAG POS=4 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:frmMain ATTR=ID:ctrl* CONTENT=XXX@XXX.XXX
WAIT SECONDS=1
' Send email receipt
TAG POS=4 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ID:frmMain ATTR=ID:ctrl*

Qantas
LT Silver
New version of the iMacro script. Since the recent update to iMacros, a few things changed. Chrome now only supports VAR1, VAR2, and VAR3. Also, the freeware version no longer supports user defined variables. Thankfully, we only three variables for our purpose - so our script is back working again. I've got 500 cards to get through soon, so this should be getting a big test drive for me this coming week.
Thank you! I’ve got a few hundred to get through as well !

bigray73

Flights
My Map
I am still working on 2017 tax return so I supplied 2016 tax assessment plus quarterly payment info for the 2017 year about 3 months or so ago. The CC was approved pretty quickly so that was ok. I think my 2017 personal tax return will be completed in February 2018.
Hi Cove,

Do you see any issue with sole traders paying their tax with the dragon as the terms and conditions exclude business expenses and the tax payment may be seen as a business expense? Have you actually been awarded points for ATO points yet? Do you think that one should limit the amount of ATO payment in order to not raise suspicions of "non-personal" expenses?

deka2

I have been putting through ATO payments in the $3k to $15k range for the last 18 months, with points coming through.

There were some talk a while ago of a $20k point where the Dragon would cancel your card, but not sure if that still applies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• Indian Pacific & Other Epic Train Journeys – AIR027
    Sat, 11 Jan 2020 02:31:00 AEDT
      In this episode, we take a brief detour from the aviation discussion to talk about train travel! There's something nice - perhaps even romantic - about long-distance train ...
  • Status Runs – AIR026
    Sat, 14 Dec 2019 07:15:21 AEDT
      If you're a little bit short of the next airline status tier, a status run can get you over the line. In this episode, learn about the best status runs with Virgin Austral ...
  • British Airways Executive Club – AIR025
    Sat, 30 Nov 2019 22:53:26 AEDT
      Many Australians join Qantas Frequent Flyer by default. But even if you fly with Qantas regularly, you could benefit by using the British Airways Executive Club frequent f ...
  • Married Segments & More – AIR024
    Sat, 16 Nov 2019 04:32:20 AEDT
      Airlines seem to love married segments, but for frequent flyers and travel agents they can be extremely frustrating. Sometimes you'll find an award seat on a flight you w ...
  • HARS (Historic Aircraft Restoration Society) – AIR023
    Sat, 02 Nov 2019 13:24:03 AEDT
      The Historic Aircraft Restoration Society (HARS) boasts a collection of over 60 aircraft, including a retired Qantas 747, Super Constellation and DC-3s. John Travolta's Bo ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mattman92