ANZ black cancellation and points?

Status
Not open for further replies.

axeman

My annual fee of 4425 will be billed next week. I phoned ANZ to ask if they can offer any retention sweeteners and they said no- nothing. So I'm going to cancel card. Howver, I would also due to be credited with approx 20K FF points from this current statement period. I'm assuming I won't get these points if I cancel my card before next week and the renewal date?

We recently cancelled my wife's ANZ FF Platinum card. The cancellation letter stated that accrued points would remain available and transfer as per normal. We didn't have any to test the theory, but I suspect this will be OK. A similar experience with St George - points swept across to Velocity at the end of the month after the account had closed.

In my experience with this card, if you cancel the month the fee is charged on the statement, you can get the fee refunded. You can always call to confirm this prior.

MrsDaver6 had the annual fee show on her credit card statement this month. She called up to see what sweeteners were on offer. At first they offered 50% of the annual fee. She then asked for some points too. They came back and said they would waive the annual fee (but she still needs to pay the $55 rewards program service fee).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back