Answered - Annual fee [waived when 'threatening' to cancel?] | Page 9 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Answered Annual fee [waived when 'threatening' to cancel?]

ellen10

Established Member
AFF Supporter
I rang Woolies Credit card this morning as the $139 annual fee appeared on my statement.
After a bit of talk and put on hold the request came through.

Happy with that. I know they no longer give points for ato but that does not affect me.
I use the card for my everyday groceries, petrol etc. so it suits me.

Shik

for those who have received a fee waive, how long has it taken to come through? I have been charged the annual fee on my statement date (yesterday).

ellen10

Established Member
AFF Supporter
When I received my statement the annual fee was on it.
They said it would be reversed on my next statement.

Shik

Mine appeared on my statement date of 18/04/2016. About a week later it has come up as reversed on the same day.

JohnM

AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Cancelled mine today. "Sorry to see me go - why?" Errr - $2500 ceiling for points, isn't that obvious enough?

Actually I think it was as there were no inducements to stay - but I would not have anyway.

tgh

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Hmm .. hadn't noticed the flat $2500 per cycle… the party is really over.
Probably keep using it until it expires ( as it cost me zilch ) or a better idea shows up.

Quaffer

I noticed on this month's statement that the annual fee will increase to $169 per year from 1st August 2016. :(

ozflier

AFF Supporter
I noticed on this month's statement that the annual fee will increase to $169 per year from 1st August 2016. :(

Time for a phone call to get this years annual fee waived.
If they say no , its no loss , I'll just leave them.

DaveB

Flights
My Map
Phoned today for the annual fee waiver. Advised no longer able to be offered with 2,000 points supposedly their best offer.
Thanks but no thanks and account now closed.
Possible an issue that the account had only been used for ATO spend since opening three years ago.

DaveB

Flights
My Map
Impressed with their efficiency.
Account closed Sunday afternoon with all account details scrubbed from online access by Monday morning. Suggest downloading all statements before closing.

SandyS

Annual fee was on my statement. I called to cancel due to the fee being so much and was asked if I was thinking of getting rid of any of my other cards. I replied that I was thinking about it.

She then said she couldn't waive the fee. So I then asked to cancel, was put on hold and she came back with ...as a valued customer etc etc your fee is waived this year and will be reversed shortly.

cove

Enthusiast
AFF Supporter
The Woolies CC is history. All that is left is a cutting up ceremony with my 3M titanium bladed scissors.

Moopere

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Ditch the ATO points and raise fees... good bye
Yes indeed. I ditched mine last year. Whats the annual fee actually buy you nowadays? Nothing that I can see - I don't actually understand what the market/sales position is for this card.

burmans

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Every year I try and cancel and they give me a waiver but as noted, there is no great incentive to keep this. Its an OK card given 1:1 but not enough to wear a fee.

AFF on Air Podcast

• “Hidden City” Court Case – AIR022
    Sat, 19 Oct 2019 09:30:46 AEDT
      Earlier this year, German airline Lufthansa tried to sue a passenger that exploited the loophole of hidden-city ticketing by skipping the last flight on their ticket. This ...
  • Summer in Europe – AIR021
    Sat, 05 Oct 2019 17:28:53 AEST
      Qantas and Virgin Australia are fighting over two rare and lucrative new landing slots for Tokyo's Haneda Airport. Meanwhile, four European airlines have gone bankrupt in ...
  • Are Loyalty Programs a Scam? – AIR020
    Sat, 21 Sep 2019 08:36:18 AEST
      The ACCC recently released a damning draft report into Australian loyalty schemes, calling out practices that it says may shock consumers and putting loyalty program opera ...
  • Air Chathams – AIR019
    Sat, 07 Sep 2019 16:41:06 AEST
      With less than two weeks until the upcoming Qantas Frequent Flyer changes, now is the time to make any last-minute Classic Flight Reward bookings! In this episode, Matt ch ...
  • Project Sunrise – AIR018
    Sat, 24 Aug 2019 16:12:31 AEST
      Later this year, Qantas will decide which aircraft it will use to operate non-stop flights from the east coast of Australia to London and New York - a feat it aims to achi ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERLHR