Amex: Turn your recurring bills into ongoing rewards..1K bonus points per partner

Status
Not open for further replies.

QF WP

Enthusiast
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Platinum
Email I just received from Amex:

Amex said:
AU_ICSS_LR_RecuringBillings_Feb2012_02062012_image_10.gif

Paying the phone, electricity and insurance bill is on everyone's to-do list. So why not let your American Express Card automatically pay your bills, and let your bills pay you back with Membership Rewards points[SUP]1[/SUP]?

You can choose from a host of travel rewards, cinema and event tickets, Gift Cards[SUP]2[/SUP] from some of Australia's best retailers, and there's even a Points for Credit[SUP]3[/SUP] option to give your Card balance a reward of its own.

AU_ICSS_LR_RecuringBillings_Feb2012_02062012_image_13.gif

You'll receive 1000 Bonus Points, as well as your usual Membership Rewards points, for each bill you assign to direct debit with these partners.

Just visit amexautopay.com.au and follow the instructions for each participating merchant, or call the numbers below to complete set up over the phone.

Very interetsing, I'm happy to get some bonus points...if I have suppliers that will allow Amex. Now to check out that list.

As usual, Optus is the only one on the list that I use...and I already have it on direct debit :(

Very interetsing, I'm happy to get some bonus points...if I have suppliers that will allow Amex. Now to check out that list.

As usual, Optus is the only one on the list that I use...and I already have it on direct debit :(

I'm on Telstra so i will have to set it up....

I recall someone mentioning this a few weeks ago as an offer..

No email here, but the link works for all and doesn't say you need to receive the email to sign up

I can get 7,000 points out of this, as the direct debits fall off when I requested a new card a few months ago :mrgreen:

Looks like a good offer for for some, but as per the Terms and conditions only applies to those who receive an email from Amex

HTML:
These incentives are available only to customers receiving a personally addressed invitation to the promotion. Any points awarded will be at the discretion of American Express and will occur within 8 to 10 weeks from the closing date of any promotion. Cardmembers are eligible for the bonus points on the first direct debit transaction without having transacted with the specified biller within the previous 12 months. One lot of 1000 bonus points awarded per merchant. Offer valid until 31 March 2012. American Express reserves the right to alter the criteria, dates, number of points awarded and other aspects of the offer at any time during the promotion

Maybe a call to Amex is needed to hurry up their email then ;) :D

A pity that most of the partners are based more in NSW and VIC - well, my perception anyway...

I missed the T&C stating you must receive the email to qualify...

However I have now received the email but

"Cardmembers are eligible for the bonus points on the first direct debit transaction without having transacted with the specified biller within the previous 12 months. One lot of 1000 bonus points awarded per merchant."

So reading that, having even used your Amex to pay a bill with them before, you are not eligible

So I am entitled to ZERO points now :evil: but I do have an idea :p

Fortunately Optus DD on another card so can switch.

Last edited:
What happens if you use the Optus links to change to another card and then back, I suspect you'll end up getting points!!

"Cardmembers are eligible for the bonus points on the first direct debit transaction without having transacted with the specified biller within the previous 12 months. One lot of 1000 bonus points awarded per merchant."

Hmm - no bonuses for me as I already direct debit most of these bills that I can DD :(

It does depend to a degree on definition of biller. In my case wife is paying Optus phone and I am paying Optus TV/Internet but I know that DD/BPay have these as different biller codes so suspect by swapping we will actually get the points, we can only try!

My reading is ( and I got the email too) is that it needs to be an AMEX issued card and not a co-branded card such as QANTAS ULTIMATE AMEX etc. Do others agree ??? otherwise no points will be awarded other than normal transaction points

Last edited:
Sometimes, every different business division has a new biller code, so that may work for some of you...

My reading is ( and I got the email too) is that it needs to be an AMEX issued card and not a co-branded card such as QANTAS ULTIMATE AMEX etc. Do others agree ??? otherwise no points will be awarded other than normal transaction points

Would like to know this too before I call or E-Mail them.

Yea, this is what I also wish to know. Post here if you find out please:)

Was on the phone to them the other day for some admin stuff and just checked and was told it's only for certain cards. Then when I called again to check if you can buy BP gift cards to get the 5x bonus (so 6 pts per $1) [A: yes you can!] I asked again (always gotta double check these days) and the operator wasn't even aware of it. I realised I had called the nominated Discovery card number, so obviously they're the newbies.

When I first called it was at request of a posted letter to clear up my QFF # account activation and they were super friendly and just real professional and enthusiastic and she knew straight away. So now am wondering if I should just call that main number in future 'cos they're efficient and top of the ball, whereas the dedicated Discovery line was your average bored type operator.

Anyhow, I made a bit of a mistake in getting the Discovery card, I just wanted a nil-annual-fee card from Amex since I didn't think I'd use it much and got it for the 10k bonus sign up points. So I'm going to upgrade to the next one that gets a two Qantas Lounge pass free for the $149 or whatever ($249 for Platinum) fee. Think it was 1.5pts per $1 spend also. So anyone wanna refer me for the matched bonus feel free to PM me.

Now just gotta switch my WOW Qantas MC over to new Amex Premium or Platinum.

Edit: just checked the linked page and it has 'Basic or small business', so I guess that means the plain non-Qantas linked card. Dang! Oh well. Not sure MR scheme is worth it to me now. Focusing on accumulating QFF.

I recall someone mentioning this a few weeks ago as an offer..

No email here, but the link works for all and doesn't say you need to receive the email to sign up

I can get 7,000 points out of this, as the direct debits fall off when I requested a new card a few months ago :mrgreen:

I posted this offer a while back - I was targetted by phone, not email. I already pay everything that I can by DD, so wasn't eligible for any bonus. However during a follow up call from Amex I was told that I would be given the bonus points anyway as a reward for valued custom. They haven't posted yet, and to be frank I don;t expect to see them given Amex's history with bonus points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back