Amex Platinum UK - Virgin Australia Lounge access | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Amex Platinum UK - Virgin Australia Lounge access

niallkealy

Hey All,

I have a UK Amex Platinum card. Do you know if that also confers the Virgin Australia Lounge access as it seems the Australian Platinum card does?

If so, is it something that you have to sign up for in advance?

Many thanks for your help in advance.
Kind regards
Niall

Quattro

Intern
Best to check under your local "Lounge Collection" benefit on the UK website.

I've never accessed it with mine, but so long as they dont scan it I cant imagine there "technically" being an issue. E.g would staff know yours is a UK one and not an AU one?

knagelli

Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Silver
Flights
My Map
I have a UK Amex Platinum card. Do you know if that also confers the Virgin Australia Lounge access as it seems the Australian Platinum card does?
As far as I know the VA lounge access is only for the Australian AMEX Plat card holders. As each country has separate benefits and it's best to check with the Amex Plat customer care.

SeaWolf

Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Gold
I think it should work just fine. When I fell back to Silver on VA and was using the AmEx for lounge access they would just look at the card to make sure it hadn't expired and that my name matched my boarding pass but that was the extent of the check. I'm guessing the UK cards are physically identical to the Australian ones.
Whether or not it's actually permitted I'm not too sure about but you could check by opening the app on your phone and going to Membership -> Find a lounge and seeing if it appears in there when you search for Sydney Airport.

AFF on Air Podcast

• Air Chathams – AIR019
    Sat, 07 Sep 2019 16:41:06 AEST
      With less than two weeks until the upcoming Qantas Frequent Flyer changes, now is the time to make any last-minute Classic Flight Reward bookings! In this episode, Matt ch ...
  • Project Sunrise – AIR018
    Sat, 24 Aug 2019 16:12:31 AEST
      Later this year, Qantas will decide which aircraft it will use to operate non-stop flights from the east coast of Australia to London and New York - a feat it aims to achi ...
  • Choosing a Rewards Program – AIR017
    Sat, 10 Aug 2019 13:32:24 AEST
      If you're new to the world of frequent flyer points - or moving to a new country - it can be difficult to know where to start. In this episode, Matt discusses the consider ...
  • Travel Insurance – AIR016
    Sat, 27 Jul 2019 07:34:12 AEST
      They say that if you can't afford travel insurance, you can't afford to travel! In this episode, Matt chats to James Green about the importance of travel insurance, and wh ...
  • The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episod ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JRH