Amex Platinum UK - Virgin Australia Lounge access

Status
Not open for further replies.

niallkealy

Hey All,

I have a UK Amex Platinum card. Do you know if that also confers the Virgin Australia Lounge access as it seems the Australian Platinum card does?

If so, is it something that you have to sign up for in advance?

Many thanks for your help in advance.
Kind regards
Niall

Best to check under your local "Lounge Collection" benefit on the UK website.

I've never accessed it with mine, but so long as they dont scan it I cant imagine there "technically" being an issue. E.g would staff know yours is a UK one and not an AU one?

I have a UK Amex Platinum card. Do you know if that also confers the Virgin Australia Lounge access as it seems the Australian Platinum card does?

As far as I know the VA lounge access is only for the Australian AMEX Plat card holders. As each country has separate benefits and it's best to check with the Amex Plat customer care.

I think it should work just fine. When I fell back to Silver on VA and was using the AmEx for lounge access they would just look at the card to make sure it hadn't expired and that my name matched my boarding pass but that was the extent of the check. I'm guessing the UK cards are physically identical to the Australian ones.
Whether or not it's actually permitted I'm not too sure about but you could check by opening the app on your phone and going to Membership -> Find a lounge and seeing if it appears in there when you search for Sydney Airport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back