Amex Platinum Charge Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chucksta

Just got invited to have a AMEX Platinum Charge Card.

Has anyone here got one?? I hear it's quite difficult to get one?? I would accept it, if it meant I could get a Black Centurion Amex in the future.

It has a $900 annual fee!!!! :evil: And I'm struggling to see how the benefits are more than the costs.

The letter alludes to big savings on business/first airline tickets, room upgrades at hotels, special box seats at events etc..

Can anyone please shed some light on these specials???

thanks

Chucksta

Chucksta, if you google AFF, there are a few threads on this. General comments were that it is not worth it, the Plat Credit card is better value, but it depends on the individual's circumstances and perceived value. I for one don't think they are worth the $900, and am cancelling my card one month prior to the expiry date.

You will be very lucky to get a better fare through their travel agency, than you can find yourself. Never EVER had a hotel upgrade, becuase I wont pay full rack rate.

The Centurian card now has a annual fee of $4800!!!!!!

$4800 to boost my Ego :p

Or I could spend that on a OW circle asia fare..... that's a no brainer..

Must be promo time. I got an invitation as well yesterday.

I really see no advantage in the card over and above the platinum credit card that I have.

Particularly when US Amex fees are:
Plat US$450
Centurion US$2500

and there are typically more benefits available to US cardholders

and the exchange rate being what it is

Received AMEX business Platinum card invitation today with annual card fee of $1200.:shock:

In my opinion the few advantages offered definitely don't justify the fee.

Cheers
Sheriff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back