Amex Platinum Charge Card | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Amex Platinum Charge Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chucksta

Just got invited to have a AMEX Platinum Charge Card.

Has anyone here got one?? I hear it's quite difficult to get one?? I would accept it, if it meant I could get a Black Centurion Amex in the future.

It has a $900 annual fee!!!! :evil: And I'm struggling to see how the benefits are more than the costs.

The letter alludes to big savings on business/first airline tickets, room upgrades at hotels, special box seats at events etc..

Can anyone please shed some light on these specials???

thanks

Chucksta

jasonja3

Chucksta, if you google AFF, there are a few threads on this. General comments were that it is not worth it, the Plat Credit card is better value, but it depends on the individual's circumstances and perceived value. I for one don't think they are worth the $900, and am cancelling my card one month prior to the expiry date.

You will be very lucky to get a better fare through their travel agency, than you can find yourself. Never EVER had a hotel upgrade, becuase I wont pay full rack rate.

The Centurian card now has a annual fee of $4800!!!!!!

Trying to access your favourite Australian websites when overseas only to discover they have been geo-blocked? Concerned about your internet privacy especially when using unsecured wifi? NordVPN will solve both these common problems.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

Chucksta

$4800 to boost my Ego :p

Or I could spend that on a OW circle asia fare..... that's a no brainer..

oz_mark

Enthusiast
Flights
My Map
Must be promo time. I got an invitation as well yesterday.

I really see no advantage in the card over and above the platinum credit card that I have.

moa999

Enthusiast
Flights
My Map
Particularly when US Amex fees are:
Plat US$450
Centurion US$2500

and there are typically more benefits available to US cardholders

and the exchange rate being what it is

Sheriff

Received AMEX business Platinum card invitation today with annual card fee of $1200.:shock:

In my opinion the few advantages offered definitely don't justify the fee.

Cheers
Sheriff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GTR33