AMEX platinum Accor plus reinstated | Page 11 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

AMEX platinum Accor plus reinstated

zig

Established Member
I was told 100 times no chance I would be comped Plat as I have been last 3 years - I finally relented and paid fee for SL to Gold - guess what - profile still showing Plat
Interestingly they told me that even if I paid I would drop to silver, so I decided to just take the Amex complimentary silver.

Flights
My Map
Interestingly they told me that even if I paid I would drop to silver, so I decided to just take the Amex complimentary silver.
If you were Plat and didn’t requalify it’s auto SL to Gold for paid renewal - but for some reason they seem hell bent on steering Amex Plat holders into comp Silver via Amex - I don’t get it?

nightelves

Just a question as I weren’t able to find an answer. But how long does Accor elite status last until you move down?

zig

Established Member
If you were Plat and didn’t requalify it’s auto SL to Gold for paid renewal - but for some reason they seem hell bent on steering Amex Plat holders into comp Silver via Amex - I don’t get it?
Oh well, I got the soft landing to gold anyway, even with the Amex complimentary membership, but probably next year will be down to silver as I won't earn gold status.

mlob

Renewed Accor Plus with Amex and was given Gold after having been given gifted Platinum by Accor the last few years.

Intern
Does anyone have any experience lending the Accor plus card to a friend for the restaurant discount? I expect it is technically not allowable, but would usually not be an issue? Is this correct?

M@rcoPolo

Does anyone have any experience lending the Accor plus card to a friend for the restaurant discount? I expect it is technically not allowable, but would usually not be an issue? Is this correct?
Definitely against T&Cs, on the other hand I've never been asked for ID when using it at restaurants.

SeaWolf

Established Member
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Platinum
How have people gone using the electronic card in the app? I've yet to give it a try but it would mean one less card to think about.

M@rcoPolo

How have people gone using the electronic card in the app? I've yet to give it a try but it would mean one less card to think about.
Never had an issue, only drawback when dining with other "Accor Plus friends" (we managed to convert quite a few over the years...) is having to hand over a pile of smartphones to the waiter :)

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minksta