Amex Offers 5000 bonus points for first additional card approval

Saanch

Found this on my amex account.

This offer is only for the following cards
  • The Qantas American Express Premium Card
  • The American Express Explorer® Credit Card

*5,000 Bonus Points. The Primary Card Member will receive 5,000 Bonus Points when they apply for an American Express Explorer Additional Card online by 1 February 2021 and are approved. This offer is limited to the first approved Additional Card added during the period. 5,000 bonus Membership Points will be awarded to the Primary Card Member's Account 8 – 10 weeks after the Additional Card is approved. This advertised offer is not applicable or valid in conjunction with any other advertised or promotional offer. American Express reserves the right to withdraw the offer at any time should we become aware of adverse account information.

I just logged into my AMEX account - I have a Qantas AMEX card and noticed the off via a pop up of 5k points for an additional card, so I promptly went ahead and did this.

I can't find anywhere however where it states the Terms and Conditions like above. The questions I was going to look at was whether there was some minimum spend by the supplementary card holder - the text above indicates not, and whether I could add multiple card holders and get more than multiple 5k QFF points - the text indicates that is not possible.

Anybody else go through with this?

When I went to apply for an additional card under my Amex QF Premium I saw a note suggesting there would be a fee to do so.

"Annual Additional Card fee: $30 p.a."

There is no mention of first 4 supps free as there is with the QF Ultimate and QF discovery.

Strange.

I just logged into my AMEX account - I have a Qantas AMEX card and noticed the off via a pop up of 5k points for an additional card, so I promptly went ahead and did this.

I can't find anywhere however where it states the Terms and Conditions like above. The questions I was going to look at was whether there was some minimum spend by the supplementary card holder - the text above indicates not, and whether I could add multiple card holders and get more than multiple 5k QFF points - the text indicates that is not possible.

Anybody else go through with this?
I have got the points for the additional card holder for Explorer card. I got the points next day of the application and card arrived in 3 days. Didn't have to make any purchases for additional card holder to get the points.

When I went to apply for an additional card under my Amex QF Premium I saw a note suggesting there would be a fee to do so.

"Annual Additional Card fee: $30 p.a."

There is no mention of first 4 supps free as there is with the QF Ultimate and QF discovery.

Strange.

You got me a little concerned here I might have inadvertently incurred a fee so I rang up AMEX to enquire and I was told that the account I had received no fee for Supplementary card holders. He alluded to the fact that some holders of the AMEX QF Premium have additional card holders fee free for one year and others have a $30 fee. So that was good.

He then asked if I'd like another supp cardholder as I can add up to 4. I said if you give me a 2nd 5000 QFF points I will - he went back to verify with his manager and said OK, so another 5k coming my way. :)

The T&Cs are available here - Additional Credit Cards | Additional Card holder | AMEX AU

You need to scroll down the page and open the "Terms and Conditions" box.

Thanks Mattg. Most helpful.

I've received my first lot of 5k points (to my AMEX pre account before sweeping to QFF at end of month). Shame it's not 5k for each additional card holder. Perhaps tomorrow I'll ring up and ask if I can add a 3rd card holder only if I get another 5k QFF points - will revert bang when done.

2nd 5k points have been credited to my AMEX points account before the sweep.

I forgot to call up AMEX as was busy with work. Must do Monday, which looks last day of the offer.

2nd 5k points have been credited to my AMEX points account before the sweep.

I forgot to call up AMEX as was busy with work. Must do Monday, which looks last day of the offer.

Did just now. No dice for a 3rd account getting 5k points.

I recommend all earnest point seekers try for the 2nd 5k though that went with this offer.

I’ll give the second a go. First one had the points appear the next morning. This is despite receiving an odd message saying “we are reviewing your application and will get back to you in 5-10 business days”

I suspect the account will be closed before the card appears!

I have got the points for the additional card holder for Explorer card. I got the points next day of the application and card arrived in 3 days. Didn't have to make any purchases for additional card holder to get the points.
Did you do an online application or over the phone?

And just to confirm your received the 5000 point bonus 24 hours after applying and not in the 8-10 week period the terms and conditions state?

Thanks

Easy 5,000pts. Applied on Friday, got some message about reviewing the application and logged in this morning to see the bonus sitting there.

These offer has been extended upto 26-Feb-2021 now. Also i have noticed the offer is applicable to other cards as well.

My wife have an amex westpac card and when she applied for the supplementary card she accidentally applied from the Amex Westpac card and she received the bonus 5000 Qantas points.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back