AMEX Internet Banking Service & AMEX Annual Fees

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulZ

Just wondering if anyone else has been experiencing problem's with AMEX's internet service.

I am using the Platinum Credit Card, and for the last 24 days or so, have been unable to use the service.

I ring them up and they say they are sorry but don't know when it will be fixed... I can understand and accept a few days, even a week offline, but now it is getting annoying...

I am thinking of asking AMEX for some sort of minor compensation... Am i crazy to think they will?? Perhaps a small reduction in annual fee...

On another point, i don't understand why AMEX refuses to rebate annual fees. I put through well in excess of $150,000 (of which much is for my business) and they refuse to give me any rebates on annual fees. Maybe I am unreasonable in expecting a rebate... however they are making at least $1000 of my transactions, and likely much more...I thought they would like to do something to repay my loyalty and business...

Paul

PaulZ said:
Just wondering if anyone else has been experiencing problem's with AMEX's internet service.

I am using the Platinum Credit Card, and for the last 24 days or so, have been unable to use the service.
Not sure if the Platinum CC gets a different web site, but the Amex Australia web site online card services works just fine for my Amex Rewards Maximiser account.
PaulZ said:
On another point, i don't understand why AMEX refuses to rebate annual fees. I put through well in excess of $150,000 (of which much is for my business) and they refuse to give me any rebates on annual fees. Maybe I am unreasonable in expecting a rebate... however they are making at least $1000 of my transactions, and likely much more...I thought they would like to do something to repay my loyalty and business...

Paul
They are providing you something for your loayalty - 1.5 Membership Rewards points per dollar spent.

The Amex interactive web site has been broken for over a week. I got the same response from the call centre "dont know when it will be fixed"

I have no issues with the Amex Online Banking facility at the moment.

My Plat Credit Card shows up fine.

What sort of error are you getting?

Batesy said:
The Amex interactive web site has been broken for over a week. I got the same response from the call centre "dont know when it will be fixed"
Not sure where you're coming from.

Works fine for me.

:)

I know the problem; it happens for me with IE. (Works fine for FireFox)

You log on then do one query; try to do another and IE crashes ~85% of the time. Full Stop.

You have to completely fire up your browser and log in to AMEX again to get any more information.

Amazingly it has started working for me...

Previously i could log in, however when i clicked on my card number to review my transactions it would come up with a "We're Sorry" message.

All good now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Currently Active Users

Back