AMEX complimentary Qantas lounge invitations

Status
Not open for further replies.

dph71

Hi There,

I have the Qantas ultimate Amex card and in order to receive the two complimentary lounge passes i need to spend some money direct with Qantas.
I booked a QF flight SYD-BKK return through the Amex travel website but have just been told by them that spending on QF through them does not qualify.
If i book a hotel on the QF website will this suffice??

Thanks in advance to all who answer me through this forum, i just don't fancy an hour long wait on the phone to Qantas;)

Solution
Go to qantasfutureplanet.com.au and buy carbon offset. Just pick any departure and destination. For instance BNE to MEL is $1.90 one way. I have done this and then received invitations.
There is a thread on this somewhere and someone may be able to link it - I recall you can buy carbon credits for a very reasonable amount - always good to look after the environment

Go to qantasfutureplanet.com.au and buy carbon offset. Just pick any departure and destination. For instance BNE to MEL is $1.90 one way. I have done this and then received invitations.

Solution
Do you have to put in a flight you already have booked to then buy the carbon credits? Sorry don’t quite understand the process.

Do you have to put in a flight you already have booked to then buy the carbon credits? Sorry don’t quite understand the process.

No you don't have to have an actual flight and can put in any departure/destination. Go to the website and click on "Offset now" at the top right of the page. Select one way or return (I just did one way), select a departure and arrival city, number of passengers and then "add flight". It will then show you what the carbon offset amount is. Compete your details and pay using the card that your complimentary lounge passes came with. This then counts as a spend with Qantas and your complimentary lounge passes should then issue. I did this a while back and it worked.

Thanks Scash,
Bought carbon credits for $1.04 will let you know if its successful ,
I’m in the same boat and just wondering if buying the carbon credits gave you the lounge passes and how long it took to upload onto your frequent flyer profile. I fly out I’m 3 days

Go to qantasfutureplanet.com.au and buy carbon offset.

Thanks for the tip. I did this a few days ago and have received the two complimentary lounge passes. I bought the carbon offset using a Qantas Premium amex card on 30 March and received notification of the passes yesterday (3 April), so that's 3 business days. They are available till 3 May 2020.

To ease my carbon conscience, I suppose I'll have to buy them more often now I know how easy (and cheap) this is :)

I’m in the same boat and just wondering if buying the carbon credits gave you the lounge passes and how long it took to upload onto your frequent flyer profile. I fly out I’m 3 days
Just to say a big thank you to all the members of this forum. I was sceptical but did receive my lounge passes by buying the carbon credits. I also bought them on a Tuesday and had the passes in my account by Sunday that same week!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back