AFF's 2000 member - no prize | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

AFF's 2000 member - no prize

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MetroAir

Well, why not a different poll? When will AFF et its 2000 member?

Its just over 1750 now!

No prize - unless someone wants to put one up - or perhaps a bucket and spade from the inaugural golf day?:rolleyes:

JohnK

AFF Supporter
Yes good competition!

I might refrain from posting predicted date until closer to the date.

Is there a cutoff for predicted date? Like 1,900 members or 1,950 members.

Mal

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Nothing like a wild guess nice and early in a comp...

24 September 2006. The Username will be Anna<something>

JohnK

AFF Supporter
MetroAir said:
Well, why not a different poll? When will AFF et its 2000 member?

Its just over 1750 now!
Hmmm... Appears the goalposts have moved. :confused: We have lost 800+ members in the last few days. :(

The Australian Frequent Flyer Online Community Statistics
Threads: 2,433, Posts: 30,513, Members: 1,004
Welcome to our newest member, maina86

oz_mark

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
I guess we lost some during the data migration to the new BB system. Maybe a lot of zero posting inactive users got removed.

JohnK

AFF Supporter
oz_mark said:
I guess we lost some during the data migration to the new BB system. Maybe a lot of zero posting inactive users got removed.
The user count a few days ago was ~1800 and that was after upgrade. Not sure what has happened! :shock:

Admin would know the answer. There may have been a general cleanup but there are still users who joined before the upgrade with 0 post count. Maybe the criteria involved was if you haven't logged on for certain time your profile has been deleted.

Either way looks like it will be a long time before the 2,000th user joins AFF.

oz_mark

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
JohnK said:
The user count a few days ago was ~1800 and that was after upgrade. Not sure what has happened! :shock:

Admin would know the answer. There may have been a general cleanup but there are still users who joined before the upgrade with 0 post count. Maybe the criteria involved was if you haven't logged on for certain time your profile has been deleted.

Either way looks like it will be a long time before the 2,000th user joins AFF.
If you go to the Members List there are 994 members. While I am not sure why this is a different number again, maybe you could hold a poll on when this will get to 1000!

QF WP

Qantas
LT Silver
Virgin
Gold
Flights
My Map
Maybe admin has deleted those that have never posted and/or not been on-line..although I did notice a bunch of names in the list and most didn't seem to be much of a "name".

JohnK

AFF Supporter
oz_mark said:
If you go to the Members List there are 994 members. While I am not sure why this is a different number again, maybe you could hold a poll on when this will get to 1000!
The members list was showing 994 users when the front page was showing 1004.

Now the members list is showing 995 users while the front page is showing 1006. :confused:

I think time to ask admin what has happened to members list?

MetroAir what happens to competition? It will be a long time before we reach 2,000 users again.

oz_mark

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
JohnK said:
The members list was showing 994 users when the front page was showing 1004.

Now the members list is showing 995 users while the front page is showing 1006. :confused:

I think time to ask admin what has happened to members list?

MetroAir what happens to competition? It will be a long time before we reach 2,000 users again.
It's all part of a cunning plan to mess the voting systems up!

JohnK

AFF Supporter
oz_mark said:
It's all part of a cunning plan to mess the voting systems up!
Good theory. They are trying to spoil our fun in the playground!

Admin

Administrator
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Not deliberately trying to spoil anyone's fun ;)

For the last few days, we have been doing general maintenance work. As part of this, members who hadn't posted and who had been members for some time were automatically deleted.

I was aware that maintenance was taking place, but didn't realise this consequence. Apologies.

JohnK

AFF Supporter
admin said:
I was aware that maintenance was taking place, but didn't realise this consequence. Apologies.
No problem, at least we know what has happened. :)

We will just have to find another way to amuse ourselves. :p

serfty

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Kiwi Flyer said:
Or amuse others as the case may be.
Who are these "others"?
:shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• Choosing a Rewards Program – AIR017
    Sat, 10 Aug 2019 13:32:24 AEST
      If you’re new to the world of frequent flyer points – or moving to a new country – it can be difficult to know where to start. In this episode, Matt discusses the con ...
  • Travel Insurance – AIR016
    Sat, 27 Jul 2019 07:34:12 AEST
      They say that if you can’t afford travel insurance, you can’t afford to travel! In this episode, Matt chats to James Green about the importance of travel insurance, and ...
  • The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...
  • jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harveyd