AFF's 2000 member - no prize

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MetroAir

Guest
Well, why not a different poll? When will AFF et its 2000 member?

Its just over 1750 now!

No prize - unless someone wants to put one up - or perhaps a bucket and spade from the inaugural golf day?:rolleyes:
 

JohnK

Veteran Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
43,731
Points
3,070
Yes good competition!

I might refrain from posting predicted date until closer to the date.

Is there a cutoff for predicted date? Like 1,900 members or 1,950 members.
 
M

MetroAir

Guest
Thought you might like it JohnK:mrgreen:

Cut off at 1950 then.
 

Kiwi Flyer

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
5,546
Points
0
wot - you're not going to guess the handle of the 2000th AFF member?
 

Mal

Enthusiast
Joined
Dec 25, 2004
Messages
12,386
Points
1,065
Nothing like a wild guess nice and early in a comp...

24 September 2006. The Username will be Anna<something>
 

JohnK

Veteran Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
43,731
Points
3,070
MetroAir said:
Well, why not a different poll? When will AFF et its 2000 member?

Its just over 1750 now!
Hmmm... Appears the goalposts have moved. :confused: We have lost 800+ members in the last few days. :(



The Australian Frequent Flyer Online Community Statistics
stats.gif
Threads: 2,433, Posts: 30,513, Members: 1,004
Welcome to our newest member, maina86
 
Now with contactless delivery, shop online to get drinks delivered to your door or pick up in-store in 30 minutes. Lowest Liquor Price Guarantee. Biggest Range.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

oz_mark

Enthusiast
Joined
Jun 30, 2002
Messages
19,474
Solutions
6
Points
1,440
I guess we lost some during the data migration to the new BB system. Maybe a lot of zero posting inactive users got removed.
 

JohnK

Veteran Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
43,731
Points
3,070
oz_mark said:
I guess we lost some during the data migration to the new BB system. Maybe a lot of zero posting inactive users got removed.
The user count a few days ago was ~1800 and that was after upgrade. Not sure what has happened! :shock:

Admin would know the answer. There may have been a general cleanup but there are still users who joined before the upgrade with 0 post count. Maybe the criteria involved was if you haven't logged on for certain time your profile has been deleted.

Either way looks like it will be a long time before the 2,000th user joins AFF.
 

oz_mark

Enthusiast
Joined
Jun 30, 2002
Messages
19,474
Solutions
6
Points
1,440
JohnK said:
The user count a few days ago was ~1800 and that was after upgrade. Not sure what has happened! :shock:

Admin would know the answer. There may have been a general cleanup but there are still users who joined before the upgrade with 0 post count. Maybe the criteria involved was if you haven't logged on for certain time your profile has been deleted.

Either way looks like it will be a long time before the 2,000th user joins AFF.

If you go to the Members List there are 994 members. While I am not sure why this is a different number again, maybe you could hold a poll on when this will get to 1000!
 

QF WP

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Jun 20, 2002
Messages
18,023
Points
1,570
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Platinum
Maybe admin has deleted those that have never posted and/or not been on-line..although I did notice a bunch of names in the list and most didn't seem to be much of a "name".
 

JohnK

Veteran Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
43,731
Points
3,070
oz_mark said:
If you go to the Members List there are 994 members. While I am not sure why this is a different number again, maybe you could hold a poll on when this will get to 1000!
The members list was showing 994 users when the front page was showing 1004.

Now the members list is showing 995 users while the front page is showing 1006. :confused:

I think time to ask admin what has happened to members list?

MetroAir what happens to competition? It will be a long time before we reach 2,000 users again.
 

oz_mark

Enthusiast
Joined
Jun 30, 2002
Messages
19,474
Solutions
6
Points
1,440
JohnK said:
The members list was showing 994 users when the front page was showing 1004.

Now the members list is showing 995 users while the front page is showing 1006. :confused:

I think time to ask admin what has happened to members list?

MetroAir what happens to competition? It will be a long time before we reach 2,000 users again.

It's all part of a cunning plan to mess the voting systems up!
 

JohnK

Veteran Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
43,731
Points
3,070
oz_mark said:
It's all part of a cunning plan to mess the voting systems up!
Good theory. They are trying to spoil our fun in the playground!
 

Admin

Established Member
Administrator
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
1,368
Solutions
3
Points
600
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Red
Not deliberately trying to spoil anyone's fun ;)

For the last few days, we have been doing general maintenance work. As part of this, members who hadn't posted and who had been members for some time were automatically deleted.

I was aware that maintenance was taking place, but didn't realise this consequence. Apologies.
 

oz_mark

Enthusiast
Joined
Jun 30, 2002
Messages
19,474
Solutions
6
Points
1,440
As on of the world's great philosophers once said "**it happens"
 

JohnK

Veteran Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
43,731
Points
3,070
admin said:
I was aware that maintenance was taking place, but didn't realise this consequence. Apologies.
No problem, at least we know what has happened. :)

We will just have to find another way to amuse ourselves. :p
 

serfty

Veteran Member
Moderator
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
44,087
Solutions
19
Points
3,300
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Kiwi Flyer said:
Or amuse others as the case may be.
Who are these "others"?
:shock:
:shock:
:shock:
:shock:
:shock:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top