AFF Gathering #14 in CBR on 4 - 6 December 2020 | Page 3 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

AFF Gathering #14 in CBR on 4 - 6 December 2020

Added to Calendar: 04-12-20, 05-12-20, 06-12-20

Qantas
Gold
Flights
My Map
For the more expensive dinner may I suggest one of the private dining rooms at the Lanterne Rooms or Chairman and Yip. Some of the best asian food anywhere. The Ottoman Restaurant is great as it caters for all tastes, albeit is a little pricey, and it to has a private dining room.

I am a little vague about the descriptors of whether people are going. Am I right in thinking that Platinum is definite, gold probably, silver probably not and bronze no chance?

JessicaTam

Enthusiast
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
This is correct.

There's also copper for "no idea yet".
Or more correctly:

I am not sure if I can come or not. I might have to work or may need to go to Singapore or maybe Darwin. But if I am in town I might come along at the last minute if I am not doing something else. Or maybe not.

:D

I love to travel

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Or more correctly:

I am not sure if I can come or not. I might have to work or may need to go to Singapore or maybe Darwin. But if I am in town I might come along at the last minute if I am not doing something else. Or maybe not.

:D
You forgot " or I will try and add this onto a work trip to Canberra to save the airfare" option :D

kookaburra75

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Gold
Flights
My Map
For Friday night, the Hotel Kurrajong is worth a look. They have a function room, plus can arrange a number of different food and beverage packages. It also provides a glimpse into Canberra's history with character and stories - and possibly a ghost or two.
MrsK and I are currently staying here for a couple of night to escape the heat and smoke at home, and the service and rooms are as good as ever

Hoatzin

Intern
Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
I'm out for this one sadly as I will be in Argentina adjusting to the time change. What are the odds that the gathering will be in my home town while I will be away? Oy vey....

Then again most of the kingo dinners fall when I am away, so not entirely unexpected 🤣

knagelli

Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
I know its too early , but as I am in the process of reserving flights/hotel for this one , Any suggestions on where to book the hotel.

Drakecula

Flights
My Map
How did I miss seeing this? Count me in!
For options for tours - the NLA does a free tour on Saturdays at 2pm. I'm biased of course, but the NLA is a great place! And you could combine it with a walk along Lake BG afterwards, towards the NGA and check out the sculpture garden.

Dinners, hmm, I don't get out much, nor do I get out in large groups. But I suppose clubs or hotels would have the kind of function rooms you might need? A group I've been in used the function room at Hellenic in the City for trivia nights and other type of events. There's a bar in there, and food I think gets brought up from downstairs? I could find out more information if you'd like, or find a contact person for you to talk to.

Last edited:

Lynda2475

Established Member
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Red
So Ive never flown into CBR before (always taken the bus), i notice some flights SYD-CBR are Qantas Link and some are Sunstate On Behalf Of Eastern.
Aircraft seems to be a De Havilland DHC-8 300 Series or Boeing 717 - so experts which si the more comfortable flight??

I love to travel

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
So Ive never flown into CBR before (always taken the bus), i notice some flights SYD-CBR are Qantas Link and some are Sunstate On Behalf Of Eastern.
Aircraft seems to be a De Havilland DHC-8 300 Series or Boeing 717 - so experts which si the more comfortable flight??
717 by a mile

Vinomofo is the best wine deals site on the planet. Good wines, real people and epic deals, without all the bowties and bs.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

Lynda2475

Established Member
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Red
There hasnt been an update for a while - is this a dead certainty to proceed? If so will book flight on DSC today.

Lynda2475

Established Member
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Red
Ok well colour me platinum now, flights are booked arriving Friday arvo, leaving Sunday evening.

Havent been to Canberra for yonks, any hotel recommendations?

kookaburra75

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Gold
Flights
My Map
Ok well colour me platinum now, flights are booked arriving Friday arvo, leaving Sunday evening.
Havent been to Canberra for yonks, any hotel recommendations?
What are your preferences & budget? We have a few favourites, but being locals we don't usually stay in hotels since the arrival of Uber - but a few suggestions below where we've stayed or know people who have
  • Hotel Kurrajong has a lot of history and very nice rooms. Restuarant is good, and there is Vincent, a brilliant place to eat just over the road
  • Burbery Hotel/Apartments - very plush and comftoable. There is an excellent coffee/breakfast place Maple+Clove just next door, and the Realm Hotel's bar as well
  • QT - funky, but the service in the bar/restaurant can be a bit ordinary at times
  • Peppers Gallery - an old set of buildings when it was the Single Womens quarters and then MIgrant centre back in the day. The Parlour Wine Room is next door and has a really good menu and meals

knagelli

Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
What are your preferences & budget? We have a few favourites, but being locals we don't usually stay in hotels since the arrival of Uber - but a few suggestions below where we've stayed or know people who have
  • Hotel Kurrajong has a lot of history and very nice rooms. Restuarant is good, and there is Vincent, a brilliant place to eat just over the road
  • Burbery Hotel/Apartments - very plush and comftoable. There is an excellent coffee/breakfast place Maple+Clove just next door, and the Realm Hotel's bar as well
  • QT - funky, but the service in the bar/restaurant can be a bit ordinary at times
  • Peppers Gallery - an old set of buildings when it was the Single Womens quarters and then MIgrant centre back in the day. The Parlour Wine Room is next door and has a really good menu and meals
Thanks for the suggestions. Even I have to make my bookings and was planning to stay somewhere others are booking .

Lynda2475

Established Member
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Red
Thanks @kookaburra75 wil check those out. I think I had short listed QT and Peppers earlier. I was thinking 4 star, something walking distance to a decent cafe for breaky/coffee and not too far from whatever activities areplanned. But we dont know what those are yet LOL.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fly_allegiant_air