Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

AFF Gathering #14 in CBR on 4 - 6 December 2020

Added to Calendar: 04-12-20, 05-12-20, 06-12-20

Bundy Bear

Established Member
Flights
My Map
From the Australian reports of the virus thread.

Well NSW Premier said this morning once remaining intra-state movement restrictions are lifted, so covid-normal, NSW will wait 2 weeks and if no spike in mystery cases open the border to all of Vic. So that could be as soon as mid November. NSW were last state to close to Vic and I'm sure will be the first to reopen to Vic.

December is looking good for Victorians to visit ACT.

And with that news I have booked the Crowne Plaza.

Last edited:

Mattg

Flights
My Map
Thank you to everyone that's completed their Expression of Interest form so far! If you are planning to come and haven't already, please fill this out here.

To give you an update, it looks like the Saturday night dinner & masterclass is almost at capacity. The Friday dinner is also filling up quickly, but we still have a few places available.

Unfortunately it looks like there isn't enough demand for a winery tour on Sunday, so this will probably just run on Saturday. But we still need 3 more people to sign up for the Saturday winery tour in order for this to run.

At this stage, it looks like the Sunday tour to Mt Ainslie, Lanyon Homestead & Tidbinbilla will be able to go ahead. However, we need at least 4 more people to register for this tour in order for it to be viable.

Once again, please fill out the EOI form if you haven't already. If you've already filled out the form but would like to join either the Saturday winery tour and/or the Sunday tour, please let me know so I can lock in the tour bookings.

When all of the activities are finalised, I will open up final bookings & payments.

Last edited:
Credit cards which earn frequent flyer points is a popular way to earn frequent flyer points. You can receive thousands of points on everyday spend. And, many of these cards offer generous signup bonuses! Compare to find the credit card that best suits your needs.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
I selected the Saturday tour of Parliament House and Sunday Wine Tour, so could you please cancel me off the Saturday morning tour of Parliament House and add me to the Saturday Wine Tour. Please also add me to the Sunday tour to Mt Ainslie, Lanyon Homestead & Tidbinbilla. This of course assumes that people from Metro Victoria are allowed into the ACT.

Mattg

Flights
My Map
I selected the Saturday tour of Parliament House and Sunday Wine Tour, so could you please cancel me off the Saturday morning tour of Parliament House and add me to the Saturday Wine Tour. Please also add me to the Sunday tour to Mt Ainslie, Lanyon Homestead & Tidbinbilla. This of course assumes that people from Metro Victoria are allowed into the ACT.
Done!

Hope you are able to come :)🤞

Bundy Bear

Established Member
Flights
My Map
And it just so happened I've managed to book the last reward seat today and it's scheduled to be operated by a B717...
I didn't like the Qantas schedule so found an award on Virgin business class for Friday afternoon, do you think I should take my own noodles.

And thanks to Matt on the reminder of filling out the form.

JessicaTam

Enthusiast
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Just confirming that us hicks from country Vic plan to come to Canberra if we are allowed. That's 2 of us plus JessicaTam. Also my sister and BIL (khyberpilot) are also planning to attend from Albury.
I take it by 'hicks' you are speaking for yourselves?
And if us suburban MEL people are allowed out I'll be travelling on JT001.
WE might need to discuss that. o_O :eek::D
@Hvr has a confirmed boarding pass for 1A. Discuss all you like. :)

Glider_

Flights
My Map
Well in light of all of the other States relaxing restrictions and NZ'ers distributing like cockroaches when the kitchen light is switched on, it seems our brave WA leader won't even consider the hard border for at least another two months.

I'm beginning to get mildly irked about it.

Mattg

Flights
My Map
Anyone booked flights from Mel for this event ? Is Qantas the only option or can I still book the limited velocity options ? Thanks
You can use Velcoity points to book on VA, if you want to. There are only limited flights though, so you'd have to fly up on Friday morning. There is currently a CBR-MEL flight on VA scheduled for Sunday evening, but this has a chance of getting cancelled (bumping you to the Monday evening flight). Velocity rewards are currently 30% off, so it's 5,400 Velocity points one-way in Y or 10,800 points in J (plus taxes).

Any chance the QP at CBR might reopen in time for this meet-up?
Not sure, but the J lounge is already open and QP members can use it :)

Mattg

Flights
My Map
Another update...

The Saturday night dinner & masterclass is now officially FULL. I unfortunately cannot take any more reservations for this (unless the ACT government changes the 4-square-metre rule) as we've reached the capacity for the venue. There are still limited places available for Friday's dinner.

I've had to cancel the Sunday winery tour as there isn't enough demand. However, the Saturday winery tour will now almost certainly go ahead. The Sunday tour is also very likely to go ahead - I just need 2 more people to sign up for this for it to be viable.

If you haven't yet filled in the EOI form, you can still do so however we cannot take any more reservations for the Saturday dinner. This is now waitlist-only.

knagelli

Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
You can use Velcoity points to book on VA, if you want to. There are only limited flights though, so you'd have to fly up on Friday morning. There is currently a CBR-MEL flight on VA scheduled for Sunday evening, but this has a chance of getting cancelled (bumping you to the Monday evening flight). Velocity rewards are currently 30% off, so it's 5,400 Velocity points one-way in Y or 10,800 points in J (plus taxes).
Thanks @Mattg

However the only option I see currently on VA reward seats are as below , not sure if I am not doing the right search. Do not see anything for 5400 velocity points.

I think I will book Qantas revenue ticket if this does not workout. 1603235637098.png

Mattg

Flights
My Map
Thanks @Mattg

However the only option I see currently on VA reward seats are as below , not sure if I am not doing the right search. Do not see anything for 5400 velocity points.

I think I will book Qantas revenue ticket if this does not workout. View attachment 230960
The 30% off Economy reward seats was a special promo that ended at midnight. (See here - 30% of Velocity reward seats in Economy [Book by 20/10/20, travel by 8/9/21])

The VA J reward seats should still be 30% off for a couple more days.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shadowsfury