5000 Bonus Points for Additional Cardholder | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

5000 Bonus Points for Additional Cardholder

exceladdict

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Just logged in (to my Westpac Qantas Amex) to find:

Not the flashiest of promotions but I'll take it. Posting here as it may be eligible to other Amex-issued cards.

Coops1

Flights
My Map
Also got this on Amex Explorer, pity it’s only worth 2500 flyer points.

exceladdict

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Interesting. The application timed out, and now when I log on it does not appear. Will contact amex tomorrow if it doesn't come back.

PDog

Nope, can't see it on my explorer. Will call them tomorrow

ETA, thanks for the heads up!

lovetravellingoz

AFF Supporter
Gained this on on my wife's Westpac Amex.

I oit this on my two Westpac Amexes a few months back.

lovetravellingoz

AFF Supporter

exceladdict

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Popped up again when logging in today so applied. Interestingly it came back with a "we will let you know the outcome of your application" rather than an immediate confirmation. I would have thought that there was little to confirm.

IIRC in past promotions there has not been spend requirements attached.

lovetravellingoz

AFF Supporter
Popped up again when logging in today so applied. Interestingly it came back with a "we will let you know the outcome of your application" rather than an immediate confirmation. I would have thought that there was little to confirm.

IIRC in past promotions there has not been spend requirements attached.
They have been doing this with the $500 spend requirement for many months.

exceladdict

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Has anyone received the bonus points yet? Have just been advised 8-10 weeks after meeting the eligible spend criteria, but I'm hoping to close the card -.-

Deeks

Intern
Good to see I’m not the only one. Would be nice to get it before the end of May to get the 15% transfer bonus to Velocity.

33kft

AFF Supporter
I met the spend about 3 weeks ago now and still nothing. It's rare for AMEX to not trigger automatically isn't it? That's been my experience in the past anyway.

exceladdict

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
I met the spend about 3 weeks ago now and still nothing. It's rare for AMEX to not trigger automatically isn't it? That's been my experience in the past anyway.
Yeah, that's why I checked with them via online chat. Normally they're very quick to award bonuses.

cvmceg

I also am waiting on the 5000 points. Everything else AMEX related for me has been instant...

AFF on Air Podcast

• Summer in Europe – AIR021
    Sat, 05 Oct 2019 17:28:53 AEST
      Qantas and Virgin Australia are fighting over two rare and lucrative new landing slots for Tokyo's Haneda Airport. Meanwhile, four European airlines have gone bankrupt in ...
  • Are Loyalty Programs a Scam? – AIR020
    Sat, 21 Sep 2019 08:36:18 AEST
      The ACCC recently released a damning draft report into Australian loyalty schemes, calling out practices that it says may shock consumers and putting loyalty program opera ...
  • Air Chathams – AIR019
    Sat, 07 Sep 2019 16:41:06 AEST
      With less than two weeks until the upcoming Qantas Frequent Flyer changes, now is the time to make any last-minute Classic Flight Reward bookings! In this episode, Matt ch ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RebeccaD