5000 Bonus Points for Additional Cardholder | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

5000 Bonus Points for Additional Cardholder

exceladdict

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Just logged in (to my Westpac Qantas Amex) to find:

Not the flashiest of promotions but I'll take it. Posting here as it may be eligible to other Amex-issued cards.

Coops1

Flights
My Map
Also got this on Amex Explorer, pity it’s only worth 2500 flyer points.

exceladdict

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Interesting. The application timed out, and now when I log on it does not appear. Will contact amex tomorrow if it doesn't come back.

PDog

Nope, can't see it on my explorer. Will call them tomorrow

ETA, thanks for the heads up!

lovetravellingoz

AFF Supporter
Gained this on on my wife's Westpac Amex.

I oit this on my two Westpac Amexes a few months back.

exceladdict

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Popped up again when logging in today so applied. Interestingly it came back with a "we will let you know the outcome of your application" rather than an immediate confirmation. I would have thought that there was little to confirm.

IIRC in past promotions there has not been spend requirements attached.

lovetravellingoz

AFF Supporter
Popped up again when logging in today so applied. Interestingly it came back with a "we will let you know the outcome of your application" rather than an immediate confirmation. I would have thought that there was little to confirm.

IIRC in past promotions there has not been spend requirements attached.
They have been doing this with the $500 spend requirement for many months.

exceladdict

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Has anyone received the bonus points yet? Have just been advised 8-10 weeks after meeting the eligible spend criteria, but I'm hoping to close the card -.-

Deeks

Intern
Good to see I’m not the only one. Would be nice to get it before the end of May to get the 15% transfer bonus to Velocity.

33kft

AFF Supporter
I met the spend about 3 weeks ago now and still nothing. It's rare for AMEX to not trigger automatically isn't it? That's been my experience in the past anyway.

exceladdict

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
I met the spend about 3 weeks ago now and still nothing. It's rare for AMEX to not trigger automatically isn't it? That's been my experience in the past anyway.
Yeah, that's why I checked with them via online chat. Normally they're very quick to award bonuses.

cvmceg

I also am waiting on the 5000 points. Everything else AMEX related for me has been instant...

Recent Posts

AFF on Air Podcast

• Choosing a Rewards Program – AIR017
    Sat, 10 Aug 2019 13:32:24 AEST
      If you’re new to the world of frequent flyer points – or moving to a new country – it can be difficult to know where to start. In this episode, Matt discusses the con ...
  • Travel Insurance – AIR016
    Sat, 27 Jul 2019 07:34:12 AEST
      They say that if you can’t afford travel insurance, you can’t afford to travel! In this episode, Matt chats to James Green about the importance of travel insurance, and ...
  • The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...
  • jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harveyd