Card Promotions 125,000 Qantas Points and reduced first-year annual card fee with the NAB Qantas Rewards Signature (Point Hacks)

MooTime

Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Gold
I got it earlier this year & was rather quick compared to previous cards. No more than a week, at the very latest for approval.
Then it's in Aus Post hands.

theblank

Established Member
Solutions
Just want to see what your opinions are about when I should apply? Should I even wait for the confirmation that the Citibank card is closed before I apply, considering that this might not show up as closed on my credit check history until a month or more later?
I closed an AMEX recently and it showed up on my credit history as cancelled in less than 1 week. So it really depends on the individual banks procedures.

If it was me, I would wait until it shows as cancelled as I prefer to take the conservative approach. Some banks, check more carefully than others. AMEX for one it seems you can tell all sorts of BS and they dont care and check nothing.

ZMan

So I applied Tuesday, got call on Wednesday asking for confirmation of closure of previous credit card and some questions about home loan replacement. Uploaded the letter I got from Citibank and got approved Friday morning. Pretty quick!

Now to wait for the card to arrive next week… is there anyway I can add the card to Apple Pay and start using it before I get the physical card?

aleaf

Intern
Now to wait for the card to arrive next week… is there anyway I can add the card to Apple Pay and start using it before I get the physical card?
I'm pretty sure you can't. You need the details from the card - number, exp data, security code - and you still have to activate the card.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..