10,000 bonus MR points with Annual Travel Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

deka2

Logged onto my Amex account today and saw the message below.

“American Express Travel Insurance Receive 10,000 bonus Membership Rewards points when you purchase an Annual travel insurance policy. Protect everything you value from your health to your hand luggage”.

Entered details and the quote for Mr and Mrs was $443.

10,000 points is tempting, as we may well have three short trips next year.

I have seen that banner ad as well.

10K MR points seem OK; but reliable Annual travel insurance for a couple can cost much less than $400.

Interesting offer. I have not seen any of the ads on the Amex website.

The cost of the single policy is ~$444 which is the same as the cost for couples as posted by the OP. Assuming the value of 10,000 Amex MR points is ~$100 then the actual cost of the policy is ~$344.

Still a little expensive for travel insurance considering I paid ~$180 for an annual policy around 5 weeks ago.

I took up this offer about a month ago for a 3 trip which i am on now. Cost was $115 for a single. which was similar to most other online travel insurance. Still waiting for for my 10,000 points

Which company did you get your Annual policy with?
TravelInsurance Online

Click on Annual/Business Travel Insurance and I chose the QBE product excluding travel to the USA for a single person it is $193 and for couple it is $386 and receive QFF points for the policy as well.

There is also a further discount available if you have a discount code which I am not going to post online as it was given to me by another AFF'er.

10000 Bonus MR Points when purchasing travel insurance

RECEIVE 10,000 BONUS MEMBERSHIP REWARDS POINTS

Simply purchase a Frequent Traveller insurance policy with an American Express card between 1st October, 2010 and 31st December, 2010 and receive 10,000 bonus Membership rewards points*

Link thru AMEX home page when you select Insurance: https://www.magroup-online.com/aex/au?restart=

Quick 10k points here. Cheaper than through flights, hotels.

I bought a policy for $113 just for sake of 10k points. I already have corporate policy and am covered with platinum card, I presume.

Am I missing something :?:

How do you get it for $113 :?:

Single trip for seven days choosing worldwide cover for my forthcoming trip to LAS. If there was a cheaper policy I would have bought that instead. Mind you, there's 14 day cooling off period.

Single trip for seven days choosing worldwide cover for my forthcoming trip to LAS. If there was a cheaper policy I would have bought that instead. Mind you, there's 14 day cooling off period.

Oops...there may be a problem with my purchase. It's not annual, is it!

I'm getting caught up with their wording. When they say "Frequent Traveller insurance policy " do they mean an annual policy or do they mean just any policy through that insurance quote engine.

If it applies to just any policy then that is a good deal.

Also I notice in the terms and conditions it also applies to co-branded cards.

Alby

Re-reading the offer helps. OP referred to "Annual Travel Insurance" but that's not so. The Amex site says thus:

RECEIVE 10,000 BONUS POINTS

Simply purchase a Frequent Traveller insurance policy with an American Express card between 1st October, 2010 & 31st December, 2010 to receive 10,000 bonus Membership Rewards points.

*Terms & Conditions apply

No mention of annual policy, even in terms and conditions.

I'm getting caught up with their wording. When they say "Frequent Traveller insurance policy " do they mean an annual policy or do they mean just any policy through that insurance quote engine.

If it applies to just any policy then that is a good deal.

Also I notice in the terms and conditions it also applies to co-branded cards.

Alby

Better still, supplementary cardholders too can buy policy and grab 10k points.

What's the interpretation 5 (iii) of terms and conditions?

Re-reading the offer helps. OP referred to "Annual Travel Insurance" but that's not so. The Amex site says thus:

RECEIVE 10,000 BONUS POINTS

Simply purchase a Frequent Traveller insurance policy with an American Express card between 1st October, 2010 & 31st December, 2010 to receive 10,000 bonus Membership Rewards points.

*Terms & Conditions apply

No mention of annual policy, even in terms and conditions.
Having read the T & C of this I agree that there is no mention of 'Annual' anywhere that I can see.

Interesting that the purchase can also be done with supplemental cards also.

I wonder where the OP got the 'annual' concept from. I'll send him a PM and ask.

Ok, i'm interested.

If I purchase using my Qantas American Express Card (Co-branded card?) the $50.40 policy I wonder if I get direct sweep 10k points?

The T&Cs suggest that points only come via Ascent and the Amex programs.

hmmm.. will look forward to following the thread over the next week or so while the T&Cs are clarified.

Having read the T & C of this I agree that there is no mention of 'Annual' anywhere that I can see.

Interesting that the purchase can also be done with supplemental cards also.

I wonder where the OP got the 'annual' concept from. I'll send him a PM and ask.
I believe Diesellife has provided the right answer and here are the cover types with the meaning of Frequent Traveller. In my opinion the policy is over priced.

Amex cover types said:
 ​
Plan B – Frequent Traveller
[FONT=Minion Pro,Minion Pro][FONT=Minion Pro,Minion Pro]16 Policy Sections* - 12 month policy designed for the frequent traveller (unlimited number of return journeys within the 12 month policy period)
[/FONT][/FONT]

Are co-branded cards included in this promotion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back