Your SC payoff on RTW trip | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Your SC payoff on RTW trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

bammac

Intern
Joined
Nov 18, 2005
Messages
72
Really curious, after getting stuck into Kiwi Flyer's latest epic, as to how many status credits members have accrued on the various RTW trips they have taken.

Would love to find out from other members what they actually received for their efforts, both in points and status credits.
 

Kiwi Flyer

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
5,453
They haven't all posted yet but from the RTW flights alone (ie not counting side trips) I get 2270 SCs and over 150,000 points - by no means fully maximised.

A previous *A RTW was much better with well over 200k miles (worth much more than QFF points) and requal *G on 2 different programs (plus requal hotel and earn 5 free nights staying at any hotel in the chain).
 

NM

Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
15,792
Flights
My Map
The most SCs I have actually earned from a DONE4 was 1510. That was not optimise for SC earning, but was constrained by the placed I needed to go and the dates/times I needed to be there. I have done several that have earned in excess of the 1200 SCs needed to retain QF Platinum.
 

Skyring

Established Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2005
Messages
1,972
Flights
My Map
Kiwi Flyer said:
A previous *A RTW was much better with well over 200k miles (worth much more than QFF points) and requal *G on 2 different programs (plus requal hotel and earn 5 free nights staying at any hotel in the chain).
"Requal"? Is this some Kiwi term I haven't heard?

Pete, in the dark again
 

Skyring

Established Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2005
Messages
1,972
Flights
My Map
NM said:
The most SCs I have actually earned from a DONE4 was 1510. That was not optimise for SC earning, but was constrained by the placed I needed to go and the dates/times I needed to be there. I have done several that have earned in excess of the 1200 SCs needed to retain QF Platinum.
1355 for me from my DONE4 earlier this year. That could have been higher but I did a few short flights on single class aircraft. London-Dublin-Birmingham-Frankfurt and DFW-Charleston-DFW, plus a couple where for some reason I wasn't booked into the First cabin on AA.

Will make up the deficit next weekend.

As has been noted previously, you can get enough from a DONE4 to requal Plat twice over.

Arrggggh. Just realised what "requal" means! Stupidstupisdstupid. Kick me here, everyone.
 

Skyring

Established Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2005
Messages
1,972
Flights
My Map
Kiwi Flyer said:
nah me just being lazy - requalify
Yeah, I just realised it when I used the exact same word myself! Read it as "equal" with an extra "rr", and couldn't for the life of me understand.

Colour me embarrassed!
 

Kiwi Flyer

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
5,453
Skyring said:
Yeah, I just realised it when I used the exact same word myself! Read it as "equal" with an extra "rr", and couldn't for the life of me understand.

Colour me embarrassed!
ah (said with scottish or southlander accent) the r must stand for red then :p
 

simongr

Enthusiast
Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Messages
14,229
A paltry 710 for me - wasnt a DONE4 - was just a trip to Pittsburgh that led to a trip to LHR that led home....
 

serfty

Moderator
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
40,259
Flights
My Map
In August I finished a 20 Segment DONE4 that commenced in October last year. My current QFF "Year" began on 1st November 2005.

The DONE4 travel I did before then when combined with my other trips was enough to gain QF WP.

Since 1st November, the remaining DONE4 travel combined with my other trips this year has gained me another 2555 SC's and my wife QF PG. Those SC's will all 'expire' on 1st November.

In basic terms the DONE was 95% optimised in that I could have sqeezed at least another 40 SC's from it.

Raw totals for the DONE4 travel: 2,360 SC's earned; 64,175 miles travelled, 132,205 QFF points earned along with another 25,000 in "Loyalty Bonus" giving a total of 157,205.
 

JoshOohAah

Newbie
Joined
Oct 18, 2006
Messages
9
My SC payoff on RTW trip

Qantas Discount Economy Jan/Feb 06 - 22,524 points; 185 SCs.

MEL-SYD-LAX (QF) 8491; 55
LAX-EWR (AA) 2,454; 25
YUL-LHR (BA) 813; 25
LHR-CDG (BA) 125; 10
CDG-LHR (BA) 125; 10
LHR-MEL (BA) 10,516; 60​
 

Altair

Active Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2006
Messages
823
serfty said:
In August I finished a 20 Segment DONE4 that commenced in October last year. My current QFF "Year" began on 1st November 2005.

The DONE4 travel I did before then when combined with my other trips was enough to gain QF WP.

Since 1st November, the remaining DONE4 travel combined with my other trips this year has gained me another 2555 SC's and my wife QF PG. Those SC's will all 'expire' on 1st November.

In basic terms the DONE was 95% optimised in that I could have sqeezed at least another 40 SC's from it.

Raw totals for the DONE4 travel: 2,360 SC's earned; 64,175 miles travelled, 132,205 QFF points earned along with another 25,000 in "Loyalty Bonus" giving a total of 157,205.
Sweet. Is there a place I can go to help me maximise a XONEX and see some good parts of the world?
I liked how Kiwi Flyer did the LHR-MUH run....
 

Kiwi Flyer

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
5,453
For someone based in this part of the world, DONE4s give best bang per buck. There is a thread on FT that includes some routings optimised for QFF (but serfty's is pretty close to this). Note that some flights in this maximum-SC DONE4 are seasonal.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
81,222
Messages
1,872,424
Members
49,054
Latest member
Danieljdk
Top