Your Golden Opportunity (massive amex referral bonus)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmerc500

I’ve just received this offer in my inbox, a Massive 150,000 Bonus Points for referring the Edge.

Nice to see from Amex although cancelled the Amex card a fortnight ago, seems I would be ineligible anyways.

Is their a cooling off period that you can be reactivated?

Last edited by a moderator:
My email says 120k for me and 70k for a friend

I guess it depends on what card you have, I got 100k for me and 20k for my friend.
Suggest op to give amex a ring and find out reactivation.

150k / 20k on Edge. 120k / 70k on Explorer.

Would be valuable on Velocity/Qantas cards if it was ff points. Doubt that but.

It is not worth starting as an Amex customer on a rewards card, IMO.

I got an offer of 100k/20k for an Edge.
Seems like AMEX feels the need to push for new sign ups. I wonder if this has anything to do with the recent devaluation.

I guess it depends on what card you have, I got 100k for me and 20k for my friend.
Suggest op to give amex a ring and find out reactivation.

Online agent confirmed a cancelled card can’t be reactivated due to AU regulations & advised to apply for new card although if this Bonus referral would be eligible seems to be open to interpretation

“You can apply for the new card and check back with us and we can then confirm if the offer would work or not”

I have to say though with recent devaluation you are really getting half the airline points. Also it does not provide any super offers for the person who actually applies the card (and pays the annual fee and have a credit hit) Unless the offer for the applicant is like 150K or more I don't see much value to it.

150k / 20k on Edge here too......now gotta find some people!

One person only......
Deal is a shocker for the referee, they are just trying all out to keep existing customers. Would love to see the cancel graph over the last 12 months to compare it to now.

Yes well the reply is often going to be "well what's in it for me?"

One person only......
Deal is a shocker for the referee, they are just trying all out to keep existing customers. Would love to see the cancel graph over the last 12 months to compare it to now.

It’s just past the 1 month mark since devaluation & they have evaluated the outcome so now offering incentives..

I have just received an offer for 100k and 20k for the referred person .

Last edited by a moderator:
just got 40k for me, 60k for applicant on explorer card. so no different to regular referral then :(

Last edited:
150k/20k edge here. Refer the significant other for a nice $195 85k SQ (or essentially $0 with $200 travel credit)

Amex gotta be hurting with such a generous offer.

I was happy to get the same email this morning, as the holder of a PC I am in the 250k/100k bracket. That said, I think it will be hard to find someone who wants to use my link.

Side note, this is the discussion for AMEX, don't post your referral links here ;)

Clearly I'm less of a Plat Charge holder. Offer was only 150k/100k. After the devaluation this is hardly anything special, especially for the new card holder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back