Your Golden Opportunity (massive amex referral bonus) | Page 3 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Your Golden Opportunity (massive amex referral bonus)

djchuckles

So mine is the other way round to most - 45k for me, 90k for referred (Plat Charge). Though mine doesn't seem be limited to one referral (says I can earn up to 200k per year). Maybe its because most years I've hit the cap before

Irishbazz

Flights
My Map
Anyone get two offers for holding the Edge/Explorer combo or is it one per member only?
Have only received the 100/20 edge offer.

SeaWolf

Established Member
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Gold
Does anyone know, is it possible to combine a professional association sign up (with the reduced annual fee) with these referrer offers?

cvmceg

Really not sure how i could convince anyone of 35k SQ miles. Maybe if I discount their annual fee? haha

Quattro

Intern
Interesting. Received no such email. I had only just referred someone for the standard 45k points (to me) program 4 weeks ago.

Plat charge and reserve holder.

BriarFlyer

I've not received an offer either. I currently hold the Platinum Charge and Explorer and my partner's 18mths of purgatory is up so I kinda mighta have actually used it.

pjm99au

Flights
My Map
If my wife is currently a supplementary card holder under my current account can she sign up to her own account under this offer and get the points?

Aus ATC

Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Silver
Flights
My Map
I received the 200k/70k offer for the Explorer Card. I generally consider this card "fee free" given the travel credit. Unfortunately I'm not sure I can make use of it. An extra 100k KF miles would be handy!

chk123

Intern
not surprised amex are trying to retain members, amex you need to up your game a bit more to entice me, I was honestly considering the plat after the price rise to $1450 but the deval destroyed the value proposition (or lack of value).

Amex, given I've seen offers on the plat (before deval) of 120k points, then your points offers NOW after deval would need to be at least twice plus other benefits, good luck I dont see you doing it but prove me wrong?

Jousams

Virgin
Gold
Well i'm struggling to find someone to take up my plat charge referral. If anyone is interested PM me. Id be happy to contribute a few hundred $ toward the first year annual fee is anyone is interested.

SOPOOR

Established Member
explorer/edge combo
got the 200k/70k offer
managed to convince someone to sign up and got approved today

hpotheitclly, how would it work if you gave your referral t two people, the first one applied, and got approved but didnt acceot the offer?
or got a conditional offer, and didnt pass the extra info required, whilst the second person got approved, could there be a chance that you get ZERO?

Nadjalo

I didn’t receive the golden offer, but curious about does the cap of 200000 still apply on the golden offer. As some people received 250000 referral bonus points offer...

travelnutjohn

I didn’t receive the golden offer, but curious about does the cap of 200000 still apply on the golden offer. As some people received 250000 referral bonus points offer...
that is a very valid question, complete contradiction to their terms and condtions :)

AFF on Air Podcast

• Life as a Road Warrior – AIR028
    Sat, 25 Jan 2020 08:36:07 AEDT
      Ever wondered what it's like to be a road warrior, flying from Melbourne to Sydney every week or internationally multiple times each month? On this episode, AFF member "Sp ...
  • Indian Pacific & Other Epic Train Journeys – AIR027
    Sat, 11 Jan 2020 02:31:00 AEDT
      In this episode, we take a brief detour from the aviation discussion to talk about train travel! There's something nice - perhaps even romantic - about long-distance train ...
  • Status Runs – AIR026
    Sat, 14 Dec 2019 07:15:21 AEDT
      If you're a little bit short of the next airline status tier, a status run can get you over the line. In this episode, learn about the best status runs with Virgin Austral ...
  • British Airways Executive Club – AIR025
    Sat, 30 Nov 2019 22:53:26 AEDT
      Many Australians join Qantas Frequent Flyer by default. But even if you fly with Qantas regularly, you could benefit by using the British Airways Executive Club frequent f ...
  • Married Segments & More – AIR024
    Sat, 16 Nov 2019 04:32:20 AEDT
      Airlines seem to love married segments, but for frequent flyers and travel agents they can be extremely frustrating. Sometimes you'll find an award seat on a flight you w ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KateV