World Traveller Plus - status credit earn? | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

World Traveller Plus - status credit earn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aus_flyer

Established Member
Does anyone know how World Traveller Plus is treated for status credits? Discount or full economy?

QF WP

Qantas
LT Silver
Virgin
Gold
Flights
My Map
See the Airline Earning Table:

Code:
Airline Eligible Booking Class   Cabin Class             Base Rate     Cabin Class Bonus 
British        TW                World Traveller Plus        1                10%
Airways
(BA)

aus_flyer

Established Member
A base earning rate of 1 doesn't necessarily mean that it's treated as full, does it?

I know most BA discount economy are 0.25/mile and assessed as discount for SC, but there are exceptions.

Dave Noble

odoherty said:
A base earning rate of 1 doesn't necessarily mean that it's treated as full, does it?

I know most BA discount economy are 0.25/mile and assessed as discount for SC, but there are exceptions.
It does earn as full economy though for Status Credits

Dave

NM

Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
remember that the earing rate tables for SCs and FF points are different and the definition of a "discount" fare is different for SC earning and FF points earning.

As has been correctly pointed out in this thread, BA WT+ earns full economy SCs (same as a full Y fare) and it also earns a 10% cabin bonus above the base rate of 1 FF point for each mile flown.

needaholiday

Intern
I have just returned from a round trip on WT+ SYD-LHR-SYD on BA15&16.
The fare class was "W".

The FF points and SC's on my statement are;

Each leg (SYD-LHR and LHR-SYD) earned

Base Points 10,586 Cabin Bonus 1,059 Status Credits 120.

Plus any additional Status Bonus.

jenno

WT+ earn

Is there any way you could earn less than full Status Credits for a WT+ flight? I've just got a REALLY good deal on WT+ from PER to LON in Sept (2650 incl taxes) but not sure exactly which fare code it comes under.

So, for WT+ will I always get full economy SC's, no matter how cheap the fare was? (as long as i pay something obviously....)

Cheers
Jenno

--------------------------------------------
QF Bronze but gotta start somewhere!

serfty

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Re: WT+ earn

jenno said:
... So, for WT+ will I always get full economy SC's, no matter how cheap the fare was? (as long as i pay something obviously....) ...
As per the informed posts above, you will earn full WHY SC's and 1.1 ff points per mile.

BA have two classes for WT+; W & T :p, one is the discount category you would be booked in, the other 'Full'.

It's the same as for First Class and Business Class, they both have discount fare buckets but earning in these classes is as for full.

Specifically (for QF/BA):

First Class- F is 'full' First Class, A is 'discount' First Class; First Class SC's & Cabin Bonus (50%) points are awarded for both.

Business Class- J is full' Business Class, D & I are discounted Business Class; Business Class SC's & Cabin Bonus (25%) points are awarded for all three.

(There may be other fare bucket classes, but these are the main ones here).

markis10

Veteran Member
Not sure what you will earn on the Per-Sin leg as this is economy codeshare with QF and you may have been quoted a discount Y fare as part of the deal.

serfty

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
serfty said:
... As per the informed posts above, you will earn full WHY SC's and 1.1 ff points per mile. ...
markis10 said:
Not sure what you will earn on the Per-Sin leg as this is economy codeshare with QF and you may have been quoted a discount Y fare as part of the deal.
Yes, I should have put the proviso in that you generally get the SC's & Points for the cabin you paid for. So if it's a discount WHY fare bucket from/to PER then that how it would go for that segment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• Project Sunrise – AIR018
    Sat, 24 Aug 2019 16:12:31 AEST
      Later this year, Qantas will decide which aircraft it will use to operate non-stop flights from the east coast of Australia to London and New York – a feat it aims to ach ...
  • Choosing a Rewards Program – AIR017
    Sat, 10 Aug 2019 13:32:24 AEST
      If you’re new to the world of frequent flyer points – or moving to a new country – it can be difficult to know where to start. In this episode, Matt discusses the con ...
  • Travel Insurance – AIR016
    Sat, 27 Jul 2019 07:34:12 AEST
      They say that if you can’t afford travel insurance, you can’t afford to travel! In this episode, Matt chats to James Green about the importance of travel insurance, and ...
  • The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Veronnica