Woolworths gift card thread

Have they fixed everyday pay yet (QR payments) I found that so great to load in all my gift cards into and pay

So many 1 star reviews means lots of people are pissed off at Woolworths for the issues with the app clearly!

I was pleased to see quite a few today. Picked up another 4x2. Also pleased that staff happy to process back--to-back with no ad hoc rule-making

0.32c/p ain't bad if you have somewhere to empty the cards!
Just occurred to me that if making any charitable donations this EOFY, using prepaid cards may also be of benefit to the charity, on the assumption that merchant fees on a prepaid MC are lower than the super-premium amex and world mastercards credit cards many people on this forum likely use.

Just like with the Eftpos gift card promotion, the one transaction per day limit isn't being enforced so you don't have to buy the two variable cards at the same time each day.

In case anyone was wondering the variable load cards with happy birthday on them from the same supplier don't give you any points.

I was at my third store for the day with no luck so I figured that I'd give it a go just to see if it worked. Alas no.

In case anyone was wondering the variable load cards with happy birthday on them from the same supplier don't give you any points.

I was at my third store for the day with no luck so I figured that I'd give it a go just to see if it worked. Alas no.
That is the Vanilla Visa....the Vanilla MC is the one you are after for this promo!

Managed to get my hands on two variable card’s yesterday.

First time using them to pay the ATO (going to pay ahead as i know i’ll have a tax bill when i lodge my return).

I might be missing something but how is everyone actually using them to pay to the ATO online? If i go to the credit/debit card option it wants cardholder name, expiry, CCV etc

And is there a limit on how many I can process each day? Going to try get some more today

First time using them to pay the ATO (going to pay ahead as i know i’ll have a tax bill when i lodge my return).

I might be missing something but how is everyone actually using them to pay to the ATO online? If i go to the credit/debit card option it wants cardholder name, expiry, CCV etc

And is there a limit on how many I can process each day? Going to try get some more today
The Coles Mastercards stopped working for me at the ATO a few months back (there's a discussion on the Coles gif cards thread). Following a suggestion on a thread by DrRalph - I've been using prepaid cards through Sniip to contribute money to super. The downside is that Sniip charges 0.85% whereas the ATO is only 0.20% for prepaid cards.

The ATO limit is 5 transactions on any calendar day.

If i go to the credit/debit card option it wants cardholder name, expiry, CCV etc

And is there a limit on how many I can process each day?
You have all of those details on the card.

Yes there is a limit.

From Wed 12 Jun 2024:

12-jun-2024_w_0.jpg
  • Runs from Wed 12 Jun to Tue 18 Jun 2024.
  • For Cafe Choice, Gift to Dine and Westfield, limit of 5 cards per day per Rewards Member (can be done across multiple transactions).
  • For IKEA, Webjet and HOYTS, limit of 10 cards per day per Rewards Member (can be done across multiple transactions).
  • For Cafe Choice variable card, where you choose the amount to load, a limit of 5 cards per day per Rewards Member in a single transaction.
  • For Webjet variable card, where you choose the amount to load, a limit of 10 cards per day per Rewards Member in a single transaction.
Westfield Eftpos gift cards can be used almost anywhere (not just Westfields) so for each $100 card you buy, you're essentially paying $5.95 (the purchase fee) to earn either 1,000 Qantas points or $10 worth of Everyday Rewards Dollars.

The Cafe Choice gift card is functionally identical to the popular Restaurant Choice gift card:
Cafe Choice gift cards can be used at Eating Places and Restaurants (5812), Hotels, Caterers (5811), Drinking Places (Alcoholic Beverages), Bars, Taverns, coughtail lounges, Nightclubs and Discotheques (5813) Fast Food Restaurants (5814) Motels & Resorts, Central Merchant (7011), Amusement Parks, Circuses, Carnivals, and Fortune Tellers (7996).

Gift to Dine gift cards can be used at selected restaurants only.

The ato government easypay portal doesn't ask for cardholder's name*. You will need a Payment Reference Number (it stays constant for both Income Tax and BAS accounts). Limit of 5 cards per day

*though that's not usually a problem-will work with both your own name or whatever is printed on the card (eg "agiftforyou", "card holder")

Unfortunately there is always tax to pay....so Im hoping to grab a bunch of these!
I found lots of the $25-$500 Vanilla GCs in Woolworths stores I visited this WE!

Before you ask where, I'm currently on holiday in Tasmania…haha!

Have gone to town literally…have bought 8 x$500 this WE :)

From Wed 12 Jun 2024:

View attachment 389353
  • Runs from Wed 12 Jun to Tue 18 Jun 2024.
  • For Cafe Choice, Gift to Dine and Westfield, limit of 5 cards per day per Rewards Member (can be done across multiple transactions).
  • For IKEA, Webjet and HOYTS, limit of 10 cards per day per Rewards Member (can be done across multiple transactions).
  • For Cafe Choice variable card, where you choose the amount to load, a limit of 5 cards per day per Rewards Member in a single transaction.
  • For Webjet variable card, where you choose the amount to load, a limit of 10 cards per day per Rewards Member in a single transaction.
Westfield Eftpos gift cards can be used almost anywhere (not just Westfields) so for each $100 card you buy, you're essentially paying $5.95 (the purchase fee) to earn either 1,000 Qantas points or $10 worth of Everyday Rewards Dollars.
Unfortunately you can't use the Westfield Gift cards to pay Canberra. :(

Physical Westfield Gift Cards must be physically swiped on an eftpos terminal in-store and cannot be entered manually into card/gift card applications (Google Wallet, Stocard).

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

There are heaps at Double Bay Woolworths. Not the main card section but the little one closer to the checkout counters.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

Back