Woolworths gift card thread

I haven't seen any variables since Saturday and its last day today.
It does occur to me that the $100 cards are still viable particularly when buying with an Edge

It does occur to me that the $100 cards are still viable particularly when buying with an Edge
Depends on how much you need the online component of it. The Westfield cards will be viable from day one given it's 20x and same fee as the 10x vanilla cards, and I predict less competition for them as most people don't know that they are just a general EFTPOS card.

Depends on how much you need the online component of it. The Westfield cards will be viable from day one given it's 20x and same fee as the 10x vanilla cards, and I predict less competition for them as most people don't know that they are just a general EFTPOS card.
Agreed on the maths and availability but they are harder to liquidate these days in my experience

As in, you don't need to spend them in a Westfield? 😯 I could muster up a little interest...

I purchased 5x of the Westfield EFTPOS cards this morning. All five have activated successful per the receipt.

However, I didn't realise until later that I wasn't charged the activation fee on the 5x cards.

Will this cause any issues to using the cards? or would this be a Woolworths error. I haven't tried using the cards yet, I need to find a chance to later today.

I purchased 5x of the Westfield EFTPOS cards this morning. All five have activated successful per the receipt.

However, I didn't realise until later that I wasn't charged the activation fee on the 5x cards.

Will this cause any issues to using the cards? or would this be a Woolworths error. I haven't tried using the cards yet, I need to find a chance to later today.
I reckon they'll be good. Did the screen show the points crediting?

Last edited:

Think I might go get some now and hope that it's a Woolworths wide issue and they haven't noticed!

Since most of us here are likely collecting Qantas points, it's worth mentioning that Qantas Marketplace has upped the number of points you can earn on gift cards from 3x points to anywhere from 4x to 10x points. For example:
See here for the full list of gift cards. If you've never purchased gift cards on Qantas Marketplace before, the points are usually credited about three days after purchase.

I thought the same as you but they only had $50 available
I found the $100 cards, but was charged the activation fee.

The card was't useable at the newsagency I went to, or at Coles. Newsagency I can understand, but not Coles....so now I'm worried!

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

The card was't useable at the newsagency I went to, or at Coles. Newsagency I can understand, but not Coles....so now I'm worried!
Can definitely be used at Coles.

They might not have activated (yet)?

Can definitely be used at Coles.

They might not have activated (yet)?
The receipts definitely show activated so perhaps you're right and I tried to use them too quickly. After buying I walked straight over to the newsagency and then Coles (all in the same shopping square) to use one.

Surprising. I haven't used them immediately for a while but seem to recall they can sometimes take an hour to activate.
Coles does seem to have an inconsistent block with giftcards. Have found difficulty with the Coles Gift MC before (probably a block to stop "inception" with the 10% offers)

Surprising. I haven't used them immediately for a while but seem to recall they can sometimes take an hour to activate.
Coles does seem to have an inconsistent block with giftcards. Have found difficulty with the Coles Gift MC before (probably a block to stop "inception" with the 10% offers)
Looked both up online and both say "invalid card details." Will check again this afternoon (1 hour hasn't quite passed yet.)

Can Westfield gcs be used to pay for groceries at a Coles or Woolies inside a Westfield shopping centre?

Further to my earlier post, the cards work fine. Have used at Coles to purchase other cards.

Re: the activation fee - presume staff error? Though I would have thought the card fee is auto programmed into the card cost. I got away with one this morning!

Attachments

• 91CC3F0E-0C46-4F4A-AE98-469A499AE513.jpeg
    91CC3F0E-0C46-4F4A-AE98-469A499AE513.jpeg
    468.5 KB · Views: 21

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

Back