Women cannot run an airline | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Women cannot run an airline

Status
Not open for further replies.

markis10

Veteran Member
Read an article in todays courier mail that mentioned Margaret jackson was frisked in the US as a potential terrorist, after plans for aircraft were found in her baggage - shock horror.

When she tried to identify that she was in fact the chair of Qantas the guard replied "but your a woman". Apparently happened in LA - only in America :roll:

SFU

Maybe the guard was a linguist, and was having a go at her describing herself as "the chairman of Qantas".
It was interesting to note in the same article that she described him as "a huge black man, eight feet tall". It seems neither of them are enitrely PC.
Still, I bet he was only about two foot tall after Margie shot him with her withering glare...

oz_mark

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
straitman said:
MetroAir said:
Only in the LOTFAP!!!
Who's 'P' :?: :( :D :cry: :oops: :p :roll: :wink:

I just wish those people would stop following me :!:
Paranoia - It'll kill ya.

P.S. I know nothing about that van that follows you around in the streets.

tuapekastar

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
SFU said:
Maybe the guard was a linguist, and was having a go at her describing herself as "the chairman of Qantas".
It was interesting to note in the same article that she described him as "a huge black man, eight feet tall". It seems neither of them are enitrely PC.
Still, I bet he was only about two foot tall after Margie shot him with her withering glare...
I rather like the fact she described herself as the "chairman" of Qantas, which, IMHO, is correct, rather than "chairwoman", "chairperson", or "chairthing". Questions at board meetings can be addressed to "Madam Chairman".

oz_mark

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
tuapekastar said:
I rather like the fact she described herself as the "chairman" of Qantas, which, IMHO, is correct, rather than "chairwoman", "chairperson", or "chairthing". Questions at board meetings can be addressed to "Madam Chairman".
Indeed, the man in this case is the same man that is in manuscript - of the hand. So, chairman is correct and non reflective of gender.

But I don't think she 'runs' Qantas, that is more a Geoff job.

Yada Yada

Established Member
MetroAir said:
Only in the LOTFAP!!!
Indeed! Funny story. Good to see that it's not just us mere mortals who get pulled aside occasionally for extra "treatment" in the LOTFAP. :D

NM

Flights
My Map
oz_mark said:
P.S. I know nothing about that van that follows you around in the streets.
You mean I should be worried about that black Suburban that keeps following me around?

NM

Flights
My Map
Yada Yada said:
Indeed! Funny story. Good to see that it's not just us mere mortals who get pulled aside occasionally for extra "treatment" in the LOTFAP. :D
And the story mentioned the process took about an hour before she was allowed to proceed. Now I was assuming this was picked up as she was going through security screening, and hence departing LAX. So I wonder if she was late for the flight and if they held it for her? Or was she early and heading for the hospitality of the FL at T4?

Yada Yada

Established Member
NM said:
And the story mentioned the process took about an hour before she was allowed to proceed. Now I was assuming this was picked up as she was going through security screening, and hence departing LAX. So I wonder if she was late for the flight and if they held it for her? Or was she early and heading for the hospitality of the FL at T4?
It would be very interesting to find out. If she was headed straight for a flight I'd bet money that they waited for her. After an hour with LOTFAP security she might not have been in the best of moods when she got on board. I'd be nervous if I was a crew member!

macca172

Dont get me started on the subject of having to sit around in the aircraft waiting for some so called VIP to show up! :twisted: Why should other fare paying PAX have to suffer, because some other PAX who cant get their act together and be on time. Yeah yeah I know about late connections etc, but twice in the last six months(QF) I have been in this situation. On one departure it was a 45mins wait and the CSM openly apologised on at least three occasions for the situation'' to a point it became embarrassing for him. In conclusion would they wait for me.....I doubt it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...
  • Premium Economy – AIR010
    Sat, 04 May 2019 00:21:32 AEST
      Premium Economy is a great compromise if you want a more comfortable experience than Economy, without paying for Business or First class airfares! In this episode, AFF’s ...
  • Hyperinflation of Points – AIR009
    Sat, 20 Apr 2019 04:49:59 AEST
      Frequent flyer points are a valuable currency, but they aren’t immune from hyperinflation! In this episode, Matt discusses why frequent flyer points are a terrible long-t ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamolhaaaa