Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Women cannot run an airline

Status
Not open for further replies.

markis10

Veteran Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2004
Messages
30,449
Points
10
Read an article in todays courier mail that mentioned Margaret jackson was frisked in the US as a potential terrorist, after plans for aircraft were found in her baggage - shock horror.

When she tried to identify that she was in fact the chair of Qantas the guard replied "but your a woman". Apparently happened in LA - only in America :roll:
 

SFU

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2005
Messages
16
Points
0
Maybe the guard was a linguist, and was having a go at her describing herself as "the chairman of Qantas".
It was interesting to note in the same article that she described him as "a huge black man, eight feet tall". It seems neither of them are enitrely PC.
Still, I bet he was only about two foot tall after Margie shot him with her withering glare...
 

bambbbam2

Active Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
857
Points
0
Just realised... he probably looked like my picture <-----
 

oz_mark

Enthusiast
Joined
Jun 30, 2002
Messages
18,666
Points
1,420
straitman said:
MetroAir said:
Only in the LOTFAP!!!

Who's 'P' :?: :( :D :cry: :oops: :p :roll: :wink:

I just wish those people would stop following me :!:

Paranoia - It'll kill ya.

P.S. I know nothing about that van that follows you around in the streets.
 

tuapekastar

Established Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2005
Messages
4,446
Points
720
SFU said:
Maybe the guard was a linguist, and was having a go at her describing herself as "the chairman of Qantas".
It was interesting to note in the same article that she described him as "a huge black man, eight feet tall". It seems neither of them are enitrely PC.
Still, I bet he was only about two foot tall after Margie shot him with her withering glare...

I rather like the fact she described herself as the "chairman" of Qantas, which, IMHO, is correct, rather than "chairwoman", "chairperson", or "chairthing". Questions at board meetings can be addressed to "Madam Chairman".
 

oz_mark

Enthusiast
Joined
Jun 30, 2002
Messages
18,666
Points
1,420
tuapekastar said:
I rather like the fact she described herself as the "chairman" of Qantas, which, IMHO, is correct, rather than "chairwoman", "chairperson", or "chairthing". Questions at board meetings can be addressed to "Madam Chairman".

Indeed, the man in this case is the same man that is in manuscript - of the hand. So, chairman is correct and non reflective of gender.

But I don't think she 'runs' Qantas, that is more a Geoff job.
 

Yada Yada

Established Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2004
Messages
1,877
Points
0
MetroAir said:
Only in the LOTFAP!!!

Indeed! Funny story. Good to see that it's not just us mere mortals who get pulled aside occasionally for extra "treatment" in the LOTFAP. :D
 

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
16,332
Points
1,295
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
oz_mark said:
P.S. I know nothing about that van that follows you around in the streets.
You mean I should be worried about that black Suburban that keeps following me around?
 

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
16,332
Points
1,295
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Yada Yada said:
Indeed! Funny story. Good to see that it's not just us mere mortals who get pulled aside occasionally for extra "treatment" in the LOTFAP. :D
And the story mentioned the process took about an hour before she was allowed to proceed. Now I was assuming this was picked up as she was going through security screening, and hence departing LAX. So I wonder if she was late for the flight and if they held it for her? Or was she early and heading for the hospitality of the FL at T4?
 

oz_mark

Enthusiast
Joined
Jun 30, 2002
Messages
18,666
Points
1,420
NM said:
oz_mark said:
P.S. I know nothing about that van that follows you around in the streets.
You mean I should be worried about that black Suburban that keeps following me around?

I am not at liberty to say.
 
Now with contactless delivery, shop online to get drinks delivered to your door or pick up in-store in 30 minutes. Lowest Liquor Price Guarantee. Biggest Range.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

Yada Yada

Established Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2004
Messages
1,877
Points
0
NM said:
And the story mentioned the process took about an hour before she was allowed to proceed. Now I was assuming this was picked up as she was going through security screening, and hence departing LAX. So I wonder if she was late for the flight and if they held it for her? Or was she early and heading for the hospitality of the FL at T4?

It would be very interesting to find out. If she was headed straight for a flight I'd bet money that they waited for her. After an hour with LOTFAP security she might not have been in the best of moods when she got on board. I'd be nervous if I was a crew member!
 

macca172

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2005
Messages
41
Points
0
Dont get me started on the subject of having to sit around in the aircraft waiting for some so called VIP to show up! :twisted: Why should other fare paying PAX have to suffer, because some other PAX who cant get their act together and be on time. Yeah yeah I know about late connections etc, but twice in the last six months(QF) I have been in this situation. On one departure it was a 45mins wait and the CSM openly apologised on at least three occasions for the situation'' to a point it became embarrassing for him. In conclusion would they wait for me.....I doubt it!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
86,587
Messages
2,099,140
Members
53,901
Latest member
nhandinhbongdaseriea
Top