Will Virgin dropping Delta as a partner effect the Virgin lounge access Amex Plat benefit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

garrence

I read in the Virgin Australia forum that Virgin are dropping the Delta partnership. Wondering what this means for Amex Plat cardholders access to Virgin Lounges? Given it seems the US Amex Plat card relationship is with Delta.

What is this community's prediction?

The two are unrelated. I suspect VA very much likes the arrangement with AMEX because they'd be getting paid every time the cardholder enters the lounge. Bain wouldn't have brought it back post-administration if they weren't getting anything out of it. ;)

The two are unrelated. I suspect VA very much likes the arrangement with AMEX because they'd be getting paid every time the cardholder enters the lounge. Bain wouldn't have brought it back post-administration if they weren't getting anything out of it. ;)

Most VA lounges just wave you in without recording the entry... so there's probably no billback at all to Amex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back