When will we be able to book premium economy

Discussion in 'Qantas Frequent Flyer Program' started by Lonely Flyer, Jul 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Lonely Flyer

Lonely Flyer Member

Jan 13, 2006
    Gold Coast
    Now QF advise that from 02/08 they will be offering premium economy on 744 to Europe.

When do you all think it will be available to book online (obviously means some extra programming for the site).

Or will it only be bookable through a TA?

Or will they all be kept to upgrade Y to Y+

Obviously QF still has some work to do to bring this change about.

2. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    It won't be available to book until they are very certain about the date from which they can provide the service.

3. thadocta

thadocta Active Member

I would suspect that they will probably wait until they get a few (three maybe, possibly four) 744's configured with W class, so that they can consistently provide the service on the same flight (I would be guessing SYD-LAX-SYD on QF 11/12), and in the interim allocate WP's and SG's flying in WHY into the W class seats - once they are assured of having enough reconfigured aircraft, they would start selling the W class product, and as more W class aircraft come online, we will see the availability spreading.

Also, as the A380's are introduced, this will free up some 744's for reconfiguration, so that will dramatically speed up the introduction of W class.

Dave

4. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Totally agree with you Dave. Give a few premium passengers an experience to whet their appetite before they are ready to roll.

5. Commuter

Commuter Active Member

Jun 14, 2006
    I hope that would be right! I have a Y travel planned for the end of January / beginning of February.

6. pauly7

pauly7 Established Member

Dec 8, 2004
    Me too - that would be great!!

Its almost as good as when I fly Jetconnect domestically in NZ and get allocated J seats all the time because they don't sell them! Has happened 3 times now...

7. v8Statesman

v8Statesman Established Member

oooh I like that also, and the bit when they go on about the cost of drinks then the flight attendant come up to me and says "Mr Statesman, drinks for you are complementary"

8. Dave Noble

Dave Noble Senior Member

Oct 10, 2005
    Drinks that complement other parts of the service may be good, but some complimentary drinks would be even better :D

Dave