Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

When is Qantas going to cancel November flights?

MickyS

Qantas has still only cancelled its international flights until the end of October 2020.

We have flight bookings in early November that we're unable to use, but we need to wait until Qantas cancels them, otherwise we will be charged cancellation fees.

We find it strange that Qantas is not making any decisions yet around flights that are less than 2 months away.

This is what they say about this on their website:

"Our regular pre-COVID-19 international network is unlikely to return until at least July 2021. Because the situation is constantly evolving and may change rapidly, we haven't, at this stage, made a decision to cancel international flights after October 2020."

Does anyone have any idea how Qantas will be dealing with this? Are people expecting them to announce cancellations on a monthly basis, maybe, or only for certain flights or destinations?

We'll continue to wait and monitor the situation, but was wondering if anyone here might have any insight into this.

RosieD

Qantas
Platinum
When I was arranging a refund for cancelled Oct flights, I asked about our Dec international flights and the agent told me that they are doing cancellations in 'blocks'. And, she seemed to think Nov, Dec, Jan flights probably won't be cancelled until late Oct.

AIRwin

Established Member
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Gold
Flights
My Map
And, she seemed to think Nov, Dec, Jan flights probably won't be cancelled until late Oct.
Oh I was expecting later this month at the end of the first 6 months of international border closure...

MickyS

When I was arranging a refund for cancelled Oct flights, I asked about our Dec international flights and the agent told me that they are doing cancellations in 'blocks'. And, she seemed to think Nov, Dec, Jan flights probably won't be cancelled until late Oct.
Oh wow, I would find it pretty stressful if my early November flights remained active until the end of October!

I'm hoping they'll cancel flights at least a month in advance.

Seat0B

Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Oh wow, I would find it pretty stressful if my early November flights remained active until the end of October!

I'm hoping they'll cancel flights at least a month in advance.
I know it is stressful, but I am pretty confident that your flights will be cancelled based on everything that has been publicly stated by Qantas (such as the quote in your initial post and the fact that the travel ban on leaving the country remains in place. I think they are playing chicken - if you blink first and cancel, then you will lose the cancellation cost. If they blink first, they have to give you a full refund. If the cancellation cost doesn't bother you, and you want peace of mind, cancel now. Otherwise, I think it's worth waiting a bit longer.

AIRwin

Established Member
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Gold
Flights
My Map
Yes it's all a waiting game and I even have a Qantas price promise on my flight booking...

vmile

If you cancel your November flight now, you have to pay the cancellation charge. Ok
But would you get your money back immediately or do you still have to wait the 10 weeks???

Seat0B

Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
If you cancel your November flight now, you have to pay the cancellation charge. Ok
But would you get your money back immediately or do you still have to wait the 10 weeks???
You will still have to wait the 10 weeks from the time you cancel. Ie you will get the refund, less the cancellation costs, when they process them which is at least 10 weeks according to other AFFers.

gazzab

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Silver Lounge
Hi guys, had a message yesterday to ring Q re upcoming flights, we were going to Maldives in November, Qantas have not cancelled but Sri Lanka has for the Sri Lanka to Male leg so offered voucher or refund, took the later but offered 10% on top of voucher or double status points - no thanks. I have a trip to Auckland in November and asked if cancelled but not yet.

AIRwin

Established Member
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Gold
Flights
My Map
Hi guys, had a message yesterday to ring Q re upcoming flights, we were going to Maldives in November, Qantas have not cancelled but Sri Lanka has for the Sri Lanka to Male leg so offered voucher or refund, took the later but offered 10% on top of voucher or double status points - no thanks.
Were the QF flights between Australia and SIN?

woodyren

I have a Qantas flight to Singapore in late Oct that has not been cancelled as yet.

gazzab

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Silver Lounge
I have a Qantas flight to Singapore in late Oct that has not been cancelled as yet.
Mine was cancelled as the Sri Lanka leg was cancelled by Sri Lanka. G

The Qantas Premier Platinum Card delivers up to 100k Qantas Points, 75 bonus Status Credits, complimentary lounge invitations and travel insurance. All this with a reduced first-year annual fee of $199.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

DC3

Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
I would be keeping an eye on your QFF account to monitor the booking status. Just in case the cancellation email goes astray.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mytravlution